acer gaming laptop predator 21x

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ole!!!, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
  2. Awhispersecho

Awhispersecho Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They will literally sell 11 of these things.

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    rofl i was wondering just how many they can actually sell. premium pricing but below par hardware, no upgrade option, acer really messed up big time. if they dont sell enough then we wont expect another generation from this line up, means good bye to any possible socket CPU/GPU in it.

4. Awhispersecho

Reputations:
    It's a nice looking machine other than that horrible blue dragon or whatever above the keyboard. Same problem I had with the MSI GT80. That ugly red dragon. Stop with the crazy drawings and just make it look a little classier, a little more premium. That's 1 thing Alienware did right with their 18 and still does right with their newer models. Hell for 9 grand, they could have just put a bar of gold there instead.

5. Eclipse251

Eclipse251 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    $9000? They didn't didn't feel like going for an even $10000?

6. Eclipse251

Eclipse251 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think they said it's made to order. They can't afford to have any of these things getting dusty in a warehouse.

7. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    made to order eh? it make sense why it would cost so much, but on the other hand the pricing should be WAY more if they dont mass produce these. im very sure they already have a bunch of thing in place pre made, such as motherboard design, pcb and all that all layed out, otherwise it would be no problem for them to go socket machine rather than all soldered, its prob sitting in warehouse lol

Eclipse251 likes this.
  8. Awhispersecho

Reputations:
    correction to my previous complaining about the blue drawing on the upper panel. Looks like you can get it plain black and the machine is actually pretty nice looking like that. Just cost about 5-6 grand too much. Seriously, if people are paying 4500 for an MSI or Asus 1080 SLI machine, they will pay less for a machine made by Acer.

9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    IDK, I think a price of $5000-6000 would have gone over much better.

21" curved screen, more storage positions, unique design, all set the Acer 21x above the current 1080 SLI laptops in wow factor, if not performance.

The Acer 21x is likely somewhere between a MSI GT83VR and a Clevo P870DM3 in performance, hopefully quieter with better cooling than both.

Acer should have come up with a single base and mobile PSU option... especially at $9k.

I haven't checked their configurator, maybe it can be RAM / Storage downgraded for a cheaper price?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    LOL, this is pure marketing brilliance. They don't care if they sell a single one.

The Goal: get people talking about ACER, and its "edginess, and innovation." Maybe scoop up an award or two from panels of people that no nothing about the Enthusiast market, get people talking about ACER. "ACER is no longer a cheap Wall-Mart brand; it can be an industry leader"

Like Range Rover in the 80's. People won't think its crap if they stick a $$$$$$$$ price tag on it. Must be the best.

They also want to get people talking about ACER ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.