acer gaming laptop predator 21x

Discussion in 'Acer' started by ole!!!, Sep 17, 2016.

1. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Ideas/Acer-Predator-21x-hardware/td-p/453935

looks like some representative decide to take away the idea i think he got it wrong but on right track. b4 jumping to conclusion, the guy only mentioned they it take away but not necessary implement it. normally when it comes to online support/ online idea/forums, i take it with grain of salt.

interestingly, look at this idea post
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-I...ssic-gaming-membrane-keyboard-not/td-p/453432

this one was flat out rejected and the fact that Acer rep know full well of issue at hand that it would cost too much and simply not happening, gives a higher chance on the socketed CPU idea to take place. your thoughts?

@Mr. Fox @Papusan @TBoneSan @Mobius 1 @hmscott @Meaker@Sager @Johnksss@iBUYPOWER @Cass-Olé @mason2smart @ rest of the nonBGA boys

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:

you think they care?

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    usually no, dont think they would even bother to look at the ideas. this one maybe? they say they would look at it who knows if they really do or not lol

4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    torquedahl should have explicitly named MXM GPU's be used, as well as the socketed CPU.

torquedahl did say soldered GPU, but it needs to be clear he meant standard MXM GPU's, as GPU's are BGA parts soldered on the MXM card.

It looks like they have layed out all the parts, and have functioning units used for live demo's, but are waiting for Kabylake + Series 200 motherboard chipset before releasing - to get the maximum separation between existing 1080 SLI implementations.

I doubt this generation will get socketed CPU and MXM treatment, maybe the next generation.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    ole!!! likes this.
  5. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Even if they consider sockets, it would be for the CPU only. At least that's the impression I got.

6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, typo fixed :)

7. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    yea ROFL should just be no solder all together

8. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  9. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    ole!!! likes this.
  10. razorfold

razorfold Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Starting at $9000. I would really like to know just what in the world Acer was thinking when they came up with that price.

MSI GT83 with dual 1080s is $4500-$5000 depending on options. Clevo with dual 1080s starts at $4500 ($4900 without special offers for 64gb ram).

Acer is charging almost double that for what? A 3" bigger curved screen and an Acer badge? Plus everything is soldered so unlike the MSI (GPU only) and Clevo you're stuck with what you bought.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    ole!!! likes this.