1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Acer Ferrari 4005 WLMi Review (pics, specs)

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by lewdvig, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHOSO

KHOSO Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all I am New here
    Please Answer One Question is 4005 and 4000 Gets hot Like 3400 Please reply
    THANKS BYE

2. mv620

mv620 Newbie

Reputations:
    Rule #1 if it seems too good to be true, it is

Rule #2 Read the fine print
    Onixstyle does *NOT* accept US Dollars. They only accept "e-gold"

And what is E-Gold? an "electronic currency" that they claim is backed by gold, but that the Secret Service thinks is probably worthless

Also, transactions in E-gold are not traceable and not reversable, there is no paper trail, if Onixstyle is a scam you have no recourse

In order to pay with E-gold you have to start up an account, and then buy the e-gold from a moneychanger (= pay a commission)

My advice: Stay away from onixstyle, and shame on the low price search engines for listing it.

3. lewdvig

lewdvig Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I still have it. It is still awesome.

With the screen on full brightness and wifi on I get exactly 2.5 hours every time.

I completed Far Cry on it and I have been playing CS:Source at 1680*1050 (High Detail) for a few hours at a stretch.

4. TBird

TBird Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why thank you mv620 for treating me like a TOTAL NOOBIE!!!
    I gathered that much from reading the site and thought it looked fishy and that is why I came here asking people who have probably bought more notebooks than I...
    And BTW it is impossible that this service is "backed by gold" as that could the amount of gold in Fort Knox and I don't think anyone has that amount...
    Please don't treat me like a noob I use a PC all the time and am quite proficient in many computer coding languages if you know what those are... :mad:

5. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    He's just giving you some information, I don't believe it was tended to make you feel demoted. This forum is all about helping people - I didn't know what e-gold was, so I learned something.

So, just accept it for what it is. ;)

6. lewdvig

lewdvig Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nice response from an engineer at Broadcom regarding the BT mouse that comes with the 4005WLMi:

"I saw these comments on NotebookReview.Com. I am the architect of the Broadcom Bluetooth IC used in the mouse. Sorry about your experiences with the device. However, from the pics, it appears you're using the mouse on a woodgrain surface. The "jerky" performance is probably due to the poor tracking ability on woodgrain by the Agilent sensor used in the mouse. This is actually a quite common problem. Very dark or black surfaces can also sometimes cause problems.

You might try using a mouse pad to improve performance, but one without any tricky repetitive patterns. There are some pads with random reflective "speckle" patterns of which are designed specifically for optical mice, but aren't strictly necessary.

-Rob Hulvey, Broadcom Corp.

P.S. I had just been watching a Stargate SG-1 episode in which they mentioned McMurdo, and I was wondering where it was. Ironic that I ran into your post shortly thereafter. :)"

-----------------------------------
    BTW I don't really live in Antartica. Although soemtimes I think the peace and quiet would do me good.

7. radioguy

radioguy Newbie

Reputations:
    I love my Ferrari but something weird is starting to happen. (I've had this beauty for 3 months) When powered in wall and battery full after about 15 minutes of use the screen flickers and the icon in the system try flickers back and forth between battery and charged/plugged in. We I unplug and run off battery I have to go into acer emanager and put the brightness back up. When plugged back in when battery low I get the same brightness flicker of dim/bright/dim etc and the icon thing. Shut down and charges fine.

What the heck is going on? :confused: I should note that running on just power with the battery removed seems okay.

8. stevela

stevela Newbie

Reputations:
    hi guys
    is there any difference in the screen from the 4005 to 4006?
    is the screen on the 4005 kind of "washed out" or is it just my imagination??:confused:

9. boukarroum

boukarroum Newbie

Reputations:
    Quote me how much this will be for plz thanks, :

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.