Acer Chromebook vs Toshiba

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by GregV., Aug 23, 2020.

1. GregV.

GregV. Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase a refurbushed laptop pc in the next few weeks. Pretty much have it narrowed down to these 2: Acer Chromebook C720-2844 (Celeron) or Toshiba A105 Intel Core2Duo T7200.

I am not a gamer, so no need for special graphics or anything like that. This is not going to be used for business purposes. I will use it for everyday internet browsing and some personal writing projects, but nothing heavy. *One bonus is that the Toshiba includes a Microsoft Office 2013 Professional.

So what are your thoughts about Acer compared to Toshiba? I've heard good things about both, so would like to hear what you think. Thanks

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Neither of those are particularly good, even for basic tasks. The Toshiba is at least a decade old, and the Chromebook is from 2013 so it's not going to be receiving any security updates from Google. A Chromebook wouldn't be good for writing since there aren't any good programs available unless you were willing to install Linux on it.

Not sure where you're located or what you're willing to spend, but surely there are much better, more modern options available even at bargain-basement prices. It would help if you filled out the What Notebook Should I Buy form. Edit your first post with that information, and we can provide more tailored recommendations.