Acer Aspire vs acer spin

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by dollyrockerx3, Apr 23, 2018.

1. dollyrockerx3

dollyrockerx3 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm am trying to decide between these two laptops

acer apsire E5-576G-5762
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=20KPT3KSQMNFE97P84BV

or

acer spin SP315-51-51L2
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-SP315-51-51L2-NX-GK9AA-013-15-6IN-Notebook/dp/B01N3M2HG3

The 360 screen isnt really a factor for me. Mainly interested in which offers better specs?? Spin has no reviews on amazon and they seem similar to me aside from the screen. So please help me!

also if theres any other laptops you'd recommend more in the same price range go for it!

2. DOS_6.22

DOS_6.22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

What are your needs? Please read and answer the sticky "### What Should I Buy FORM (Must Read Before Posting!) ###". That'll help us better answer your question.

3. dollyrockerx3

dollyrockerx3 Newbie

Reputations:
    sorry but that sticky seemed for more a general question rather than specific this or that..budget, screen size, os is the same on these laptops. dont care about weight or battery life. will be for everyday use no gaming.

in my uneducated opinion looking at the specifiations between these laptops (aside from the 360 screen which i said doesnt matter) they look extremely similar. so i am wondering what are the other differences? for example..is one faster? does one have better graphics/sound? or is the screen the only real difference?

4. DOS_6.22

DOS_6.22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The aspire has 8th gen cpu, which is a quad core. Better performance imo

dollyrockerx3 likes this.
  5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    That depends on what you're doing. For typical usage like office, internet and media, there probably won't be much of a difference, but if the CPU is being pushed, having the quad core would be advantageous. I would say since you don't care about having touch, the first one seems like a better fit. They don't seem all that different outside of the CPUs and screens.

dollyrockerx3 likes this.