Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by aylafan, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N3twork24

N3twork24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've read the past several pages about installing leshcat drivers on my 4820TG following the instructions on the leshcat guidebut I had a little bit of trouble getting them to install. I tried to install Catalyst 12.10 and at the end of the installation it said everything was a success but when I rebooted my resolution had changed to 1024x768 and I couldnt change it back to 1366x768. Also when I tried to open up the control center it said that there was no driver installed but the device manager said there was. Can somebody give me some tips on what I need to do?

2. drizzt5

drizzt5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So there are specific windows 8 drivers for the 4820tg now? If this is true I am going to install it when I get home!

Also, can anyone point me towards a bigger newer battery for my laptop? My old one has almost 50% wear. I'd like to get something like a 9 cell but I guess I could survive with a 6 cell.

3. drizzt5

drizzt5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm going to try this when I get home! Thank you!

4. pww

pww Newbie

Reputations:
    can i get any ones thought on thermal pads vs paste on 4820tg's cpu and gpu? i read some things about people trying to use paste and the gap being to to far from the heatsink to get good contact. Should I stick with replacing the thermal pads or go for paste? i already have some Prolimatech PK-3 TIM if i can use the paste, also what thickness pads should I be looking at getting?

5. kefan777

kefan777 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    pads are a joke, use copper shim + paste. Got this advice from senior members here and it worked a treat.

-10°C under full load compared to pads.

6. Apex84

Apex84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How thick is the shim you're using? 1 mm?

7. kefan777

kefan777 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    0.8mm it is.

8. Edgar83

Edgar83 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is anyone having problems with bluetooth after win8 upgrade? I've got atheros module that work on my linux multiboot system, but not on windows 8.
    If your bluetooth is working, can you tell me wich version of launch manager & Bt driver you have installed?

Thank you :)

9. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Atheros drivers for Windows 8 are crap. People all around the world are complaining about issues, disconnections and general lack of stability.

10. Edgar83

Edgar83 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My problem is that I can't install ANY driver, from device manager, if I try to install the driver, it gives me "access denied" :(

EDIT:

Hurray! problem solved, by deleting a registry voice that was impossible to modify, even with the right permissions, the hive was: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT" and I had to delete it from linux because it was impossible from windows!

If anyone has my same problem, that should solve it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.