Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by aylafan, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entheos

Entheos Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an Acer 4820 T...which advertises between 8-12 hours of battery life... I have had the computer for two years and have NEVER got more than 2.5 hours of battery life. I have Norton installed on the computer. Turning off Wifi may save me about 30 minutes... I feel like there is something obvious that is draining my battery but I have no idea what it is... I am currently trying to calibrate the battery and see if that helps... I would love to hear any advice...Also I have bluetooth off...

2. KaNa

KaNa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum, because I'm looking for a solution for my Acer 4820TG, which I've just updated to Windows 8 Pro.
    But, I think that you know that Acer will not provide any drivers for switchable graphic card because of software incompatibilities.
    Windows 8 Upgrade Offer 4820TG belongs to the ones who will not be supported by Windows 8.

So I would like to know if someone here find a solution to this big issue, share it !! :p

Hopping someone will :)

See you

3. Edgar83

Edgar83 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  4. KaNa

KaNa Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you a lot Edgar83, I will try this !
    Somebody have wifi issues since updated with Windows 8 ? As for me, sometimes wifi just switch itself to a limited connexion ... really weird !

[EDIT] That's working thanks man ;)
    But, there is a little problem :
    The installation has activated the "Test Mode", so I always have the "Mode test Windows 8 Professionel Build 9200" on the bottom right corner :(
    I've tried to remove it with this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2421786/fr
    but after reboot, the graphic card issue come back :(
    Any idea ?
    [/EDIT]

5. omni

omni Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I see on the Acer Driver support page, there's a 9.0000 update available for the VGA/GPU drivers. Has anyone installed them yet?

6. chlehqls

chlehqls Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You should read the original post again. Near the bottom it says something like, "My WCP Watermark Editor" which should get rid of it without using cmd prompt or anything similar.

7. KaNa

KaNa Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah great !!!
    Sorry for lazy question ;) That's awesome =]

8. kefan777

kefan777 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I tried it. They are meant for Win8 though.

They don't seem to work under Win7. Tried "update", clean install, changing the mode from Switchable to Discrete in BIOS, all the usual stuff, but when you install the package and compare the actual driver versions, they remain the same.

9. omni

omni Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Quick question, whats the latest AMD driver you're using? I recently did a complete clean install and I have the latest (2010?) GPU driver from Acer's website. But Borderlands 2 has been really choppy for some reason. FPS drops to 20-25 when before it always stayed above 30 FPS.

10. kefan777

kefan777 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.