Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by aylafan, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windowsmaclinux

windowsmaclinux Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know exactly what is included on the "factory default disc" set? I'm burning them right now and don't know what is on them.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    You should have burned 1 driver and apps disk and a 2 or 3 volume backup of the entire system.

Bronsky:cool:

3. windowsmaclinux

windowsmaclinux Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry for asking this but how do i know which disk contains what? The erecovery just name those disks recovery1, recovery2 etc.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    The driver disk is made with the driver back up box. you can see the contents. The others are not identified and you just have to feed them in when requested.

Bronsky:cool:

5. aznguy123

aznguy123 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    88C for Prime95 is fine. My desktop gets to the mid 80s running Prime95 and it's in a well ventilated case with a top notch cooler. So 88C for a laptop running P95 is pretty good.

I had problems with vertical lines w/ my screen but it wasn't grainy.

6. infoolio

infoolio Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hmmm have a new issue, audio breaking up/crackling, both through speakers and analog headphones

anyone heard of this?

7. Just_a_Nick

Just_a_Nick Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Seems to be a driver problem. I had have the same problem and changed back to the driver from the Acer page.

8. cruisx

cruisx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone notice that if u sleep via the start menue the laptop screen turns off but its still kinda on? Well it feels like its stuck trying to go to sleep, the HDD indicator is blinking and i can hear the HDD every now adn then,I cant recover from this, it stays black and i have to hard reset -_-. Lost all the lecture notes today, aghhh .

anyone else have this issue?

9. infoolio

infoolio Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i removed the audio device and let windows reinstall......it put the same driver back on and seems to be fixed now, random...

10. jlp0209

jlp0209 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Add me to the list of new and happy 4820tg owners. Thanks a lot for this helpful thread guys! Recently ordered a new Sony Z which also rocks (been using an older Z for past couple years), found 5+ stuck pixels and am sending it back tomorrow. While waiting for the Z to ship I stumbled into this forum from the Sony one, saw my local Fry's had a 4820tg w/ the i5 460 and hd5650 in stock, so I jumped on it. Very pleasantly surprised with the 4820tg and it is a keeper.

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, the display is quite nice (I have a CMO1457 display), very bright and crisp, black blacks, great horizontal viewing angles, 'meh' vertical angles, and no dead or stuck pixels. Funny how the $825 system is flawless and the $2300 system has many stuck pixels. Keyboard is also good on my system and the overall build quality is outstanding in my opinion.

For those who are having issues with fresh Windows 7 installs my process worked perfectly. I just downloaded an iso of Win7 HP and didn't waste my time making the 4 Acer factory restore DVDs. All I did was make the 2GB application and driver restore DVD. Swapped in a new SSD in place of the HDD. Did a fresh install of Win7 HP and simply installed all the drivers from the 1 restore DVD I made, no errors at all in device manager and this thing runs like a champ. I also entered my Win7 HP key from the bottom of the system in activation and it activated fine.

I've only played some NBA 2k11 so far, after about 30 mins the GPU max was 75C, fine by me. Sorry some of you have had issues with your 4820's, for any other interested buyers do yourself a favor and check this thing out if you can find one you can always return it if you get a dud.

@Cruisx- I am not experiencing the sleep issue you are having, can't opine on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.