Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by aylafan, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    No can do!

Bronsky:cool:

2. KingRaptor

KingRaptor Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Acer activation looks for a specific BIOS flag only on Acer machines. If you installed it on a non-Acer computer, not only are you violating the EULA of OEM Windows but it also won't have the BIOS flag and, therefore, won't work.

3. dmarvp

dmarvp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know of an Internet site where I can buy this laptop and that allows for INTERNATIONAL shipping ? I tried on Amazon but they don't ship this laptop to other countries. I'm in Spain and not only do we have worse versions of the Acer Timeline X series, they cost almost the double too !

4. floyd_5

floyd_5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Welcome to computeruniverse.net!

Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG-5454G64Mnks - Notebooks - computeruniverse.net

They do ship to Spain. Note that all notebooks are german models with german keyboard layout and OS.

I bought my 3820tg from them and was very happy with their service. I installed the english language pack by using a program called Vistalizator. I already got used to the german keyboard, you can always change it to a qwerty keyboard anyway if you don't like it.

5. dmarvp

Reputations:
    WOW! thanks !

In Germany they are 150 euros cheaper than in Spain , or even more, because here we only have the core i3 versions of the 3820. We don't even have the 4820. Still, not as cheap as buying in America :( (850 euros = 1150 dollars)

I see they have the 3820tg for the same price, which I like a lot too. I will have to think about it, but if anyone knows an American site that ships internationally feel free to share :p

6. floyd_5

floyd_5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 3820TG is very scarce at the moment and it's not available in USA. It's being sold only in a few countries.(Canada,Germany and Taiwan I think)

Remember that when buying from outside Europe you have to pay import taxes. Also, make sure that the warranty is valid for Europe.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    My 3820TG from Germany was 707 Euros. The difference in what I paid and someone in the EU pays is the VAT. PCHome will probably ship to you in Spain but I think customs will add on the VAT.

8. dmarvp

Reputations:
    Another option I have is to convince a friend I have in the US to buy the 4820tg from Amazon (800$ = 600 euros) and then send it to Spain (I don't think I would have to pay taxes that way and it shouldn't cost more than 100 euros). Having this option , what would you buy ? the 3820 tg or the 4820 tg ?

I like the size and weight of the 3820, and I don't care that much about the optical drive. It's just the price and the low specs that it has on Spain what holds me down from buying it...

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    The US has access to both. There is an I3-370M 3820TG (out of stock ATM) and an I5-460M 4820TG. If you are not going to swap out the CPU for a larger one, I would get the 4820TG. Otherwise, the 3820TG would be my choice. Be prepared for shipping to be expensive or take forever (15 days for mine to arrive from Germany).

10. fire3element

fire3element Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok guys. I finally found a fan that would fit this laptop, and a perfect fit it is. I am not sure where to get the 5v power from. Obviously a laptop cooler would plug into a USB port, but what about an internal hook up. Is there anywhere to get power from on the mobo?
    As of now, I am waiting for a new cover plate incase I mess up mine. Total was $18 and change shipped to my door. I was trying to position the fan close to the existing ports, but it is not going to work out. I will need to make a new exaust port on the bottom cover plate.

If anyone wants to know, the fan is a 5volt 30mm x 30mm x 7mm from Directron.com
    Cost was $6.48 incl. tax. They actually have a store-front here in Houston. Very nice people. This fan was the smallest I could find that was less than 10mm thick (the most common slim fan thickness).

I will try to attach a pic of the WIP, if my DroidX will allow.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.