Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820TG/5820TG Modded BIOS (Insyde)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by prikolchik, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemistt

chemistt Newbie

Reputations:
    hello people...as I see its a long time...since somebody posted something here...BUT...I am intrested in the modded BIOS only because of the RAM frequency.... I was so annoyed...because I have the powerfull core i5 - HD5650 and when i see tht the bios RAM is set for 1066 only... why did they do this? if it was 1333 it was so great...but the only way is the modded BIOS...and I use my laptop for work every day.....

is there any other bios tht have only changed RAM freq? or is there any way to manually change it? I dont want to try the modded one...i dont want to brick my work tool :p

2. edwkmho

edwkmho Newbie

Reputations:
    hey guys,

Help is need urgently. I think my 4820TG is bricked after flashing the modded v1.25 bios. Nothing happened except the blue power led is flashing when i tried to power up the laptop.

Please help.
    Thanks.

3. prikolchik

prikolchik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Flashing in what way? Long/short flash, how many times? Any other leds flashing? Any beeping sound? Did you remove the flash drive with the BIOS before turning it on after flashing?

Disconnect adapter, remove battery. Press and hold power button for 30sec. Press and hold power button for 90sec. Connect adapter, turn on computer. Works?

Try re-seating the RAM. Just in case.

To recover the BIOS follow the same steps on the front page, except this time use "original" BIOS image (you can download it on front page too). Make sure you use USB stick of a respectable brand (Kingston, etc). Try removing the harddrive and repeating recovery.

4. Apex84

Apex84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone here successfully edited the vBIOS for 5650?

5. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Depends on what you want to achieve- if I remember correctly you can edit frequencies relatively easily but voltage changes do not work.

6. Apex84

Apex84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wanted to change voltages. I can increase voltage to 1.05 V with Sapphire Trixx but I can't set it lower than 1.0 V.

7. downloads

Reputations:
    If I remember correctly changing value in BIOS worked fine but the actual value didn't change- maybe there were some improvements to the method or I missed something but that's the last stage of this experiment I remember.
    If anyone knows more please chime in...

8. tokone

tokone Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I have a problem, I installed the mod bios, everything was fine until he went into the bios and changed a few options and after saving BIOS, the computer wakes up in literally a second and immediately turns off and so on. I can not even complete recovery of the stick because the computer after you turn right off. I read earlier that I just do not have a problem with it if someone found the solution?

p.s. I apologize for my poor English.

9. downloads

Reputations:
    If you remove CMOS battery for a while it will reset all BIOS options to default.

10. tokone

tokone Newbie

Reputations:
    unfortunately it does not work, I tried everything already :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.