Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG mods/tweaks ONLY!

Discussion in 'Acer' started by prikolchik, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious-Deeds

Vicious-Deeds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't seem to find anywhere "3820TG Custom Fan Profiles mod" by zsero (from this post: http://forum.notebookreview.com/ace...x-3820tg-mods-tweaks-only-16.html#post7467467), all hosted files are down. Does anyone still have this mod and if so would you please host it somewhere, or simply send it to viciousdeeds@gmail.com.
    It would be greatly appreciated!

I've just got this laptop, it is with i7 740qm version processor so its pretty damn hot, reaches 100c in no time. I'm thinking of moding cooler by adding little heatsinks leftover form my desktop graphic card (those copper ones that go on the memory).
    My main problem is that fans aren't turning up to their maximum when temp gets high, but when I push them through RWEverything 0x00 both CPU and GPU they go much higher in RPM.
    I'm using 1.19 BIOS btw.

2. macrint

macrint Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm also looking for those files. Maybe someone would be kind enough to help us out!

I also have a question regarding this. The fan on my graphics card keeps spinning up and down, which is driving me crazy. I might have caused this myself by tinkering around with fan speeds. In any case I'd like to change the fan speed of the graphics card.

I used this mod to change the CPU fan, it would be great if something similar existed for the GPU fan!

Thanks beforehand

// Macrint

3. Vicious-Deeds

Reputations:
    Interestingly enough, my GPU fan does the same even with updated BIOS. However if I set GPU fan speed manually through RW-Everything it works fine, I mean it doesn't go up and down anymore.

4. macrint

Reputations:
    Thanks, that's what I was looking for! Is there a guide somewhere?

5. Vicious-Deeds

Reputations:
  6. _InKr_

_InKr_ Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, actually my mod was intended only for CPU fan profile. I use ATI GPU only for gaming (don't care about silence in this case) and for Intel GPU GPU fan is almost always off.

7. Vicious-Deeds

Reputations:
    I figured that by flashing new .bat file only CPU fan speed got more aggressive while GPU stayed the same.
    Zsero have sent me file of custom fan profiles:
    RW-Everything pushes GPU fan speed to its maximum so there is much potential for overclocking or just plain keeping it cool, however I figured .bat file is connected to .bin file and both need to be modified in order not to have to do it manually every time through RW.

Does anyone know how to work with .bin files and if it is possible to hack GPU fan as well?

Edit: I figured it out, I'll make a thread once I get heatsinks to mod cooler and will post file with even more aggressive fan control.

8. macrint

Reputations:
    Nice, would you consider uploading those files somewhere?

Some people, including me, seem to be looking for a mod that turns the GPU fan completely off under say 50-60 degrees to make it quiet in windows. Above that temp it could be set to auto or a custom setting. Any chance of getting some help setting that up?

Thanks

/M

9. Vicious-Deeds

Reputations:
    Sorry for not responding earlier. Ok, I've made two files "very aggressive" and "very quiet" mod.

Link

Very aggressive mod is noisy, but if you don't mind that its perfect for overclocking.
    Very quiet mod will not turn on both fans untill 55c is reached, then it will go with slow speed, but if it goes over 85c fans will spin on their max.

Of course, thanks to inteks and zsero for making this possible.

10. macrint

Reputations:
    <3 to you wonderful people out there!

Been trying all the fan profiles in the zip. Except for your quiet mod, all of them gives a steady state of about 55-60 degrees when idle. All of them also creates the "fan loop" which means that the fan constantly spins up and down to keep the temperature at steady state.

Your mod gives a steady state of 84 degrees with the fan completely off, or at least so quiet that you can't hear it. After pressuring the gpu the fan loop is triggered and steady state goes to 60 degrees like the others.

So far i like yours the best though!

I'm going to do some more tests and report back. Thanks a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.