Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG mods/tweaks ONLY!

Discussion in 'Acer' started by prikolchik, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlinvs

merlinvs Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey,
    thanks for all the info about this great notebook.
    When I read about that backlit Keyboard I ordered one in that same moment, and while looking for a USB port I took a closer look on that free CCD connector.
    Unfortunately it seems that it isn't connected to anything usb like.
    There is no power on the power pin,
    When trying using power from a different usb port and only data lines from CCD, no data connection happens. Then I checked all the free resistor / capacitor pads in the area for a connection to that port -> nothing.

So, I couldn't get a usb connection on that port!

2. kubco2

kubco2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    prikolchik:
    Did you manage to make some fix for flickering screen, in your bios? I think on linux it is very noticable even on 10% brightness ... When I decreased it(with acpicall) to 5% it was terrible... I dont know why, but in Windows it is quite well on 10%

3. Just_a_Nick

Just_a_Nick Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It seems to be the power save function of the intel chipset graphic under linux.

If I use the AMD card, I have never notice this problem.

4. kubco2

kubco2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Im running intel-only .... Ok i can try ATI and turn intel on max performance. thx for tip

5. Maurik

Maurik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any way to turn the line-in port into a line out?

Or to have sound come out of both the speakers and headphone slot - i.e. having Windows recognise them as two separate lines?

I know this was possible with my old laptop's 5.1 card. Is the TOSLINK the only way to get surround sound on this one?

6. Jitamaro

Jitamaro Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi prikolchik,

Sorry about the full quote, but I didn't read the full thread but I can now play some decent games or compile Linux with the full cpu speed without this thermal shutdowns!!! I've found this information very valuable. I've a FSC Amilo Xa 3530 and my big problem is the massive heat. To my disappointment the BIOS didn't make a good job in control the fan, so I was looking for a solution. I've written a Linux kernel module to control the fan speed and I was able to find how to switch it on and off but with this information I found out how to enable manual mode and have 24 fan speeds. I want to share my code it should run with any Linux and with little modifications. It's just not finished yet, but I've tested the new registers with the RW tool on my Windows laptop and it seems to work. Thank you so much! I can't believe that Windows is so bad and I didn't know about those 24 speedsteps. I can understand that Linux is not supported. On Linux I use this great acer_regs.pl script and want to ask if I can use your formula to calculate the fan speed?

7. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if prikolchik is subscribed to this thread, I would ask him in PM.

8. hepatocyt

hepatocyt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is it possible to control the voltage of the ati? i want undervolt

9. PePe93

PePe93 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    same problem here but I'd like to overvolt my 5650 and turn it into 6550 by OC ;p Will the temps increase severely? It is safe to do something like that?

10. Jitamaro

Jitamaro Newbie

Reputations:
    I could solve my problem. I've also write a solution for Windows. Download-Link:Download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.