Acer Aspire Comparisons

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Seiko Santana, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Seiko Santana

Seiko Santana Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there!

I'm looking forward to buy an Acer laptop. I wonder which is better in performance. I've spent three days, searching for benchmarks for three different processors. I heard that Ryzen 5 with Vega 8 is a pretty good choice.

My biggest confusion is when I tried to conclude which is better - Ryzen 5-2500U with Radeon Vega 8 Mobile in Aspire 3 (A315-41-R9D3) or Core i5-8250U with GeForce MX150 in Aspire E5-476G.

If both performs similiar for video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, 3D Modeling, development, and gaming, I'll choose the Ryzen one (it saves me 800.000 IDR). I don't really mind about power consumption. Performance and endurance are my priority.

Can anyone suggest me which one is a better option, with nice reason(s)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Gordon Banks

Gordon Banks Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, talking about performance this are both exact benchmarks

https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBui...5vsS68121-M338266.332822.77223.188919?tab=RAM

The i5 is better than the Ryzen in this case
    Also the Mx150 is better than the Vega 8

In this case I would recommend the i5, mx150 combo BUT there is one problem, you would have a huge bottleneck in RAM, 4gb just aren’t enough for 3D modelling, video editing and in most cases gaming.

An advantage of the Ryzen Combo is that you have dual Channel RAM which boosts performance.

In that case (as they are, no upgrades) I would chose the Ryzen 5, Vega 8 combo, but if you could spare any upgrades you should be better off with the i5,mx150

3. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

You have some pretty interesting units there. These configurations are not available in Europe or the United States. Both of these laptops come with poor displays, 1366x768 resolution.
    This is an approximate comparison: Acer Aspire E5-576G vs Acer Aspire 3 A315-41.

For what you want to do, both laptops are terrible, to be honest. But I reckon you have a very low budget and your options are limited. If you must decide between these two, go with the E5 with the MX150. It will serve you much better. But don't expect much from it, the video card is pretty basic.