Acer Aspire 8930G Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by hoangtruong33, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Ebo Rand

Ebo Rand Newbie

Reputations:
    Greetings, I'm having a spot of bother with my 8930g, the random reboots, it's already taken it's toll on my SSD, looking under the memory for the motherboard model it would appear that, "none of the above" is the model number to purchase a replacement. Ten years I've had this beast and I'd like to keep using it as a back up. Any information to get me back up and running greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Landgraf

Landgraf Newbie

Reputations:
    hi I'm going to upgrade my aspire 8930g hardware. which cpu and graphics card would be best? and there is something else I should think about upgrading now I'm in progress

3. nio88

nio88 Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear all. Does anyone know where i can download Acer aspire 8930 recovery disks? both drives in my laptop have to be changed cause they are faulty and now i what to format my laptop to factory state. can anyone provide a link or can upload the recovery disks? thank you

4. SirLansalittle

SirLansalittle Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys sorry to awaken this thread, I'm very late to the party. I upgraded my old Acer Asprice 8390G from T5800 to T9600 alongside 6gb ram, 120gb ssd boot and 320gb HDD storage. It boots fine and seems noticeably quicker. I ran Prime95 on it and no crashes. Only thing that was strange is that the CPU temperature doesn't show properly in HWmonitor. It stays at min 3°C and Max 18° but I can hear the fan loud and think this is wrong. What do you think, am I risking breaking it with this 45nm processor instead of the original 65nm?

5. squee666

squee666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    you tried using other software its weird your temps are showing weird
    and using a 45nm is fine certain configs came with a p8600 which is 45nm but the motherboards the same.
    either your windows or the cpu has a fault if temps not detecting

6. manuel_rodriguez

manuel_rodriguez Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I think that is almost impossible, but is there any way to swap the motherboard to a more recent one compatible with connectors and that can be placed replacing the original? I love this laptop.

7. Adrianux

Adrianux Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello experts. I have a very big problem. Just update with some sort of a 1.21 bios update, and my old 8930G just passed away. The lateral blue lights are on, but the computer won't start anymore. Is there any way to get it from the deaths? I am thinking in buy an interface that can write the Bios Chip on the motherboard and try to rewrite the bios file inside the Bios. It will be possible?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM