Acer Aspire 7750G - Switchable Graphics problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by myhken, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedawg

kedawg Newbie

Reputations:

popeye i made the settings with the muxed and now i get black screen and nothing is happenning ... how can i reset my bios? without opening my laptop screws cose i have Warranty

2. popeye1128

popeye1128 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, you should have read the whole thread. Some people have experienced this. Flashing a modded BIOS is always a risk. What model do you have?

I'm afraid you will have to open your laptop and remove the battery unless you you get the usb bios recovery method to work.

UPDATE: This site appears to have the guides for BIOS recovery. You have to sign up to download them.

Acer Aspire 7750Z acer aspire 7750g

3. kedawg

kedawg Newbie

Reputations:
    after moded the bios laptop restarted and i entered bios and changed the two setting ... after that i hit save and now no img ... i have a 7750g-2454g64mnkk with ati 7670m

4. popeye1128

Reputations:
    It seems some of the newer 7750G's do not like the modded bios. Did you go to the link I gave and download the service manual?

I'm afraid your only options are to either open it up or send to Acer repair.

The modded bios is 1.17. You probably have a newer CPU which is only supported in later bios releases.

5. friezaa

friezaa Newbie

Reputations:
    I got mine (i7 2630QM - Radeon 6850M) back running after bricking it by messing around wirh advanced BIOS settings. After trying every recovery procedure from various websites, I decided to start swapping components. And finally, swapping the CPU with one from one if my other Notebooks, it booted up. Seems like there are settings that, when messed with, can fry the CPU or somerhing like that. Don't know if my experience helps in every brick case, but it definitely did dor me.

6. marcelooliveira92

marcelooliveira92 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello!

Unfortunately, I had the same issue that you and other people here have had. I own an Acer Aspire 7750G with a ATI 6850M.

Before you posted that these combinations + Bios mod would cause a brick, I did the bios mod Procedure. Ta - dá; I have a brick now for over a month.

I was wondering if you, or anybody here, was able to solve the issue by any kind of bios reflash. Or if you guys had to send to acer support.

And, as a last resource, which CPU did you replace it? TIA.

Marcelo.

7. friezaa

friezaa Newbie

Reputations:
    I wasn't able to get it back runing with known recoveries. For teating, I replaced the CPU with another i7 2630QM, which I took out of one of my other Notebooks. With this CPU, the Notebook is running fine. The CPU from my 7750G seems to be dead (it's neither working in the 7750G nor in any other Notebook I have available for testing).

8. kedawg

kedawg Newbie

Reputations:
    hi there popeye,
    i had send the 7750g to the acer support and they changed my mb:)
    but the problem with the sw graph still happens...:( like when i install autocad newer than 2009 get error 126 and it's not working... but if i install only the intel viideo card, autocad works fine...
    also when install ati card the video on youtube has a low quality but on the intel is brilliand :(

can u help me with this issue?
    or some moded drivers or somethingg:(

9. popeye1128

Reputations:
    You can try the modded drivers at leshcatlabs.org. Be sure to read the full manual completely and create a restore point first.

I'm afraid since the modded BIOS does not work with your particular model you are stuck with the crappy software switching.

10. offnix

offnix Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7750G, and I know this is an old topic, but here is what helped me:

1) BSOD = Bios Screen of Deadly annoyance // Bios Screen Oddly Disappear \\ Black Screen On Display
    First step, remove laptop battery and unplug power cable from laptop
    Second step, remove cover and ram(s) from the(ir) slot
    Third step, this can be solved in 2 ways, either short the 2 pins as showned in picture: http://imgbin.org/images/7730.png or remove bios battery and hold down power button on laptop for 10-15 seconds(power discharge), this will set date to 2009 and load default settings

2) update bios to moded version
    download according to your model the correct bios mod from: Index of /BIOS/Insyde
    (in my case Acer Aspire 7750G = A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe)
    install bios and reboot, enter bios setup and set the time correctly(if above bios reset was required) and set the following:
    Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> Always Enable PEG [Enabled]
    Go into BIOS -> Advanced -> Video Configuration -> Pci Express Graphic -> PowerXpress Setting [Muxed Fixed Scheme]

do not disable internal graphics

3) Driver install:

Step 1,make sure you uninstall all currently available video drivers on your pc, both ATI and Intel, uninstall devices from Device Manager in Control Panel, reboot is required
    Step 2, download drivers from: Blog ← leshcatlabs.net ← Keeping it simple current version: Catalyst 12.9 Sep4 UnifL Public Testing for ATi+Intel Graphics or any stable version
    Step 3, follow all the install steps and reboots required, first should install DES and will require a restart, after restart, install drivers again and make sure at end you check the start ATI driver install, after that, install everything and reboot again
    Step 4, enjoy, if everything done correctly you should see in Graphic properties at power at switchable graphics the High-performance GPU already active

offtopic: all this info was already in this thread but some parts i have missed, and got it later from other topics
    Thanks to all that posted and reposted links, thanks to leshcat for the drivers and thanks to camiloml for the unlocked bios mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.