Acer Aspire 7750g Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Acer' started by FMruss, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. won23

won23 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a 7750g with an i7 2630qm, a radeon hd 6650 with 2 gb vram, and 6 gb ram. I have the modded bios, muxed fixed settings enabled, and the 12.10 leshcat drivers. I have my power settings on high performance, went into the advanced power settings and made sure the video cards were on high performance.

My problem is that I get dropped frames and screen tearing doing everyday stuff like scrolling pages and moving around windows. Also playing games, such as Skyrim, even after lowering all the settings to the lower end there is still tearing and dropped frames. Even in older games like Half life 2 there is screen tearing. Also, I went to this site and the simple "response time test ghosting" animation thing stutters like crazy. Is my machine really too slow to handle this stuff? Why did my 2011 13" Macbook pro with much lower specs and only the intel hd graphics run smoother? Does anyone else experience this or know what causes it? My knowledge of computers is pretty limited but I'm thinking its either the cheap motherboard, the cheap monitor, the cheap acer firmware or whatever, or the fact that the radeon's memory is ddr3 rather than gddr5. Any ideas or fixes? Thanks.

2. popeye1128

popeye1128 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are your clocks stuck on low 100/150?

3. won23

won23 Newbie

Reputations:
    How do I check and change that?

4. popeye1128

popeye1128 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Use GPU-Z to check clocks. Make sure to get MSI Afterburner version 2.2.1 as I haven't gotten newer versions to work.

P.S. If you are using Leshcat drivers he has an option to enable OverDrive when you first extract the package. You still have to install MSI Afterburner first.

5. won23

won23 Newbie

Reputations:
    In GPU-Z the gpu core clock is switching between 300-600MHz. Would the lower end be causing frame dropping and the higher tearing? It seems like its always one of the two when working in windows. Sometimes after closing a game the screen starts tearing, especially close to the top of the screen. Will I be able to make the MHz value fixed with overclocking? Also, switching to power saving mode, then back to performance mode in the configure switchable graphics program completely fixes the tearing problem, raises the fps considerably and almost gets rid of the dropped frames when scrolling in the browser and moving around windows. So what is causing the GPU to switch gears like this?

I installed Afterburner 2.2.1. I enabled overdrive with the leshcat extract package, and rebooted after it asked me to. How would I know it worked? Sorry, I've never done any overclocking before.

I tried doing this:

When I go to save it in Notepad++, it says "please check if file is open in another program", and in notepad it says access denied. I tried rebooting and it still didn't work. And of course afterburner and ccc are closed.

Also, my fn+arrow keys don't adjust the brightness anymore after I installed the leshcat drivers.. any fixes for that? Thanks!

6. monographix

monographix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can 7750G take the AUO B173HW01 V.4 screen ? Are there other screens of same quality that the 7750G can take ?

edit : it appears that the Hannstar HSD173PUW1 which is compatible with Acer 7750G (is it?) is the stock screen of Asus G73, which is compatible also with AUO B173HW01 V.4. ( http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/554002-auo-b173hw01-v-4-g73.html ) Am i correct to conclude that the AUO B173HW01 V.4 can fit the Acer 7750G ?

Anyone replaced their screen ? even with the Hannstar HSD173PUW1 ?

7. monographix

Reputations:
    - The 7750G (2414G50Mnkk) takes Sata3 or Sata2 drives?
    - The one i found is with 4GB ram. Are those 7750Gs coming with two or four dimms?

- What should i know and check on a 7750G ? I read things like that the Radeon is locked in half speed and / or is not the primary display ? What is the modded ("unlocked?") bios for and why would i need it?

8. ex.treme

ex.treme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have 7750G Travelmate with one 1x4GB module ram. Because my system have IGP disabled from manufacturer, have not problems with graphics 6650M.

9. monographix

Reputations:
    Great. Thank you for the response. Are the Radeons in notebooks work in two speeds like in desktops? half speed on basic tasks and full speed upon 3D applications ?

And your help please 7750G owners please who messed with the screen : I am planing to replace it with the AUO B173HW01 V.4 and i asked from the seller if they can also send me any necessary wiring possibly needed for the installation and they came up with this reply :

My 7750G-2414G50Mnkk hasn't arrived yet, maybe its going to take a while, until then do we know maybe to what connector the seller refer to ? Do you know where is it ? (need to remove the bezel and / or screen to find that?)

Thanks

10. monographix

Reputations:
    Anyone know maybe ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.