Acer Aspire 5740G Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by downloads, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Florio

Florio Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not a big problem, but perhaps someone else has also experienced this. When I activate or disactivate the touchpad on my 5740G, the light on the button is illuminated or turns off, but the little icon no longer appears on the screen. (I've tried doing a seach for this without any success).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. abzjji

abzjji Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finally found a programm that allows me to control the fanspeed of the 5740G and is way more comfortable to use than RWEverything. In case someone else has similar problems with fanspeed not adjusting properly try this.

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/wiki

I load the profile for the 5738G and it is working pretty well so far. If someone found some even better settings it would be cool if you could share them.

3. goerkem

goerkem Newbie

Reputations:
    Howdy partners. This topic is a treasure for me. I sallute all the contributors and the thread starter!
    Here to ask a question. On the road to boost our ol'trusty 5740G's , is it OK to replace the default 35w TDP processors with a 45w TDP quad core processor ? I saw a couple of times this has been discussed but couldn't see a feedback from a user experience.
    *My 333G32Mn specs*
    i3 M330 (ordered an i5 M560)
    2+1 GB DDR3 1066 (Replaced the 1 with a 4)
    Radeon HD 5650
    320gb Hitachi (Replaced with Sandisk 120GB SSD, put in an USB enclosure)

4. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hello there. They did OK with those 45W CPUs. 5740G has a good cooling system (although not very quiet)

goerkem likes this.
  5. goerkem

goerkem Newbie

Reputations:
    Glad to hear that.
    Another thing, since the HD5650 is soldered/cannot be replaced, what's our best bet for the intel HD graphics?

6. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Switchable graphics does not work on 5740G so of you have a dedicated card you will be stuck using it regardless. So it's 5650 till the bitter end...

goerkem likes this.