1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Acer Aspire 5630 How do i boot from cd

Discussion in 'Acer' started by firestarter221, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firestarter221

firestarter221 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an Acer Aspire 5630. I have been unsuccessful in trying to boot from a Live CD. I have searched the internet and even the Acer support site, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to boot from a CD. When I tried to do it, I changed the order of things to boot from in the bios, putting CD first, but the funny thing is that it said usb CD or something like that. Is that not the same thing? I'm having a really hard time trying to figure this out. I would be really grateful to anyone who could help me out.

2. fractal2

fractal2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Since no one else knows, I'll help you. Go to eSettings Management, click on Boot Options, and you will be shown Boot Sequence. To boot from a CD, move CD-Rom/DVD Drive to the top of the list.

3. andyasselin

andyasselin Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you can also go into bios by hit f2 and enable boot menu so then can just pick f12 and pick the cdrom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.