Acer Aspire 5560 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Acer' started by FMruss, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raufjawaid

raufjawaid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Radamez

Radamez Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had them, too. Only at the very top of my screen, though, not the middle.

It's only occured 4-5 times in the month that I've had the laptop, and it goes away if I reboot. Kind of random, except that it only happend on my desktop after closing a 3D application. Hasn't happend in a week now, touch wood.

3. raufjawaid

Reputations:
    I was getting them at the top of my screen few days ago but now it's all over the screen :mad: this is getting worse.

4. Radamez

Radamez Newbie

Reputations:
    :eek:

Any clue as to what triggers it? or is it happening constantly now?

Tried reverting to stock drivers? not using TriXX?

5. raufjawaid

Reputations:
    no clue at all what triggers them, so far what I have noticed is, if I leave my laptop on for few hours they start showing up. I'm waiting for Neenjas response.

Not using trixx, I'll try reverting to stock drivers and will let you know.

6. txsizzler

txsizzler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Have you checked the temps on your GPU, raufjawaid, using GPU-Z? Almost sounds like a heat problem. Graphics cards will cause screen flicker and artifacts when they get too hot. Do you have your CPU or GPU overclocked?

7. neenja

neenja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i got those on my external as well as my laptop screen itself. ever since i updated my drivers, i can honestly say i have not seen those issues at all. during overclocking and even during non-overclocking. i believe ever since i jumped on 12.8 drivers i havnt noticed that problem. im currently still on 12.9b and still have not noticed the flickering anymore.

what drivers are you on? check out: AMD Catalyst 12.9 (9.001 September 13) AMD Official BETA - Guru3D.com Forums he has a link for 32bit and 64bit depending on which you have installed.

make sure you do a full uninstall of your current drivers. guru3d has a nice program called driver sweeper that is very helpful: Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

i also booted into safemode and removed the display drivers completely from my device manager just to make sure. after all is done, reboot normally and install the 12.9b drivers. lemme know if this works out for you. the new drivers also fixed the hdmi boot error too. (if an hdmi cable is attached via external monitor when you boot up, it causes a black screen and forces you to hot boot the machine)

8. E-Z

E-Z Newbie

Reputations:
    hello, i have a 5560g, and am new to the overclocking world. im trying to get a bit more out of my machine for ARMA2.
    i have k10stat and saphire trixx, both confuse me, is trixx GPU and k10stat CPU?

i cant get my k10stat to get BO setting Volts 1.3500, will only go to 1.2750 no matter what i click.
    can you tell me what i should be setting my TRIXX too and which card i should be overclocking?

my 6470m which is 1gb 750/900hz
    or my 6620g which is 500mb 444/667hz

9. Jayzzy

Jayzzy Newbie

Reputations:
    hello im new here i got my 5560g mode lf of this laptop

wanted to know how i can OC it for CPU and GPU

Txsizzler: can u guide me please as u have OC ur hardware . which app i have to use and which settings to use ? :)

any sort of help by anyone will be appreciated

Regards

10. E-Z

E-Z Newbie

Reputations:
    i cant get trixx to actually do anything or afterburner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.