Acer Aspire 5560 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Acer' started by FMruss, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neenja

neenja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    forgot to set my custom fan settings.. my temps got up to 79c but never passed that.. thats both my apu and gpu. gonna set the custom fan settings now to run 40% at 40c like txsizzler.

brb, gonna run some borderlands 2 and rage to test :)

2. txsizzler

txsizzler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was curious on how your testing went?

3. raufjawaid

raufjawaid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help. I did the partitioning using "EaseUS Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition" and everything went well.

For Acer users, my recovery partition is still intact and everything is working fine. For testing purpose I did factory restore using both options, "Restore Operating System and Retain User Data" & "Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults", neither of them effected my newly created partition and the data in it.

4. neenja

Reputations:
    runs great so far! my temps go a lil bit higher than yours, around mid 70s at peak.. but doesnt bother me.

rage and borderlands 2 run perfect. i tried prototype2 but sadly, that game is just broken within itself. im planning to dry darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs in the next couple of days.

best $380 i've spent yet :)

5. txsizzler

txsizzler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    ^awesome, neenja! I haven't been able to play much as of late with my work schedule and all, but I would have to agree with your assessment, that it is one if the best laptop deals out there!

6. neenja

Reputations:
  7. txsizzler

txsizzler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How's the newest driver updates working for you on the 5560g?

8. firthaa01

firthaa01 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've overclocked to 2.4 turbo to 2.5 with k10stat and overclocked gpu to 700/950.
    Playing battlefield 3 on low with 45+ fps.....very smooth and temp reaches bout 80/84 after 3 hours of constant play.
    Forgot to mention I disabled dual graphics and made sure battlefield 3 was set to high performance so it used the 7670m and I've found the game runs ace.
    Think it's different with all games though as I believe some games are dependant on either the CPU or gpu.
    Trying to get arkham city running though. Got it on low with good fps but when I enter te city areas it drops an I've been playing around with dual/single graphics and nothing makes a difference.
    Maybe I need to adjust little things here and there but here's hoping someone else has it running good.

9. firthaa01

firthaa01 Newbie

Reputations:
    I can't see much difference in them tbh

10. raufjawaid

raufjawaid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    neenja did you manage to get rid of those flickering lines, if yes, then how ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.