1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Acer Aspire 3610

Discussion in 'Acer' started by shawn10642, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATG

ATG 2x4 Super Moderator

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it, we never seen any pictures or screenshots...so it didn't happened;)

2. kiriakost

kiriakost Notebook Deity

3610 and 2410 , are the same boat , i have do all the possible upgrades too. :D

Pin mod too.

There is some more in depth info about this laptops .

There is actually 3610A & 3610 and also 2410A & 2410.
    The Ver A , its the better ones that can handle pin mod .

In my laptop, i could not tell what rev was ... so i did it and it worked.

IC Chipset(North Bridge On Mainboard)(FW82801FBM/SL7W6)

About the CPU race .... well the most speedy cycles demands more power.
    The electronics inside must be capable to offer it , or they will BURN.

I selected one CPU that it will not stress anything that much.
    I did the upgrade at summer time, and the laptop worked smooth.
    Now in winter , works smoother .. ;)

Intel® FW82801FBM Chipset Features

Features

Benefits

533 MHz Front Side Bus

Up to 33% increase in Front Side Bus bandwidth over the previous generation.

Support for dual channel DDR2 400/533 MHz memory technology

Up to 60% improvement in peak memory bandwidth and average power savings over DDR memory.

Discrete Graphics

Supports a high speed PCI Express* graphics interface for the most demanding gaming and workstation applications.

Intel® Stable Image Technology

Supports a unified graphics driver. Enables hardware changes without impact to IT software image stability.

Serial ATA

Provides up to 150 MB/sec transfer rate for disk traffic.

Direct Media Interface (DMI)

With up to 2 GB/sec concurrent bandwidth, DMI provides up to 4x faster I/O bandwidth compared to previous Intel proprietary Hub link I/O interface.

Integrated high speed USB 2.0

Support for eight USB 2.0 peripherals for maximum 40x faster data transfer and backward compatible to support USB 1.1 devices.

Intel® High Definition Audio

New audio specification enables increased bandwidth for high quality audio and support for Dolby* Technologies. Also enables power savings during audio activity.

PCI Express* Bus Architecture

Enables the next generation of discrete graphics and I/O. Delivers up to a 4 times increase in discrete graphics bandwidth and 2 times the I/O bandwidth. Also supports the latest industry peripherals like ExpressCard*. Low pin count offers maximum bandwidth per pin.

3. UJSupanova

UJSupanova Notebook Enthusiast

actually there's several on youtube.

4. Andy

Andy Notebook Prophet

You can pin-mod the 915GM/PM chipset, but not the 910GML. I didn't find no vids for 910GML. (Just one lame AS3610 vid)

The OP here was just babbling about having a Socket M fit his notebook, etc which is all BS.

5. Jackuul

Jackuul Newbie

I have the same model of (craptop) laptop (3610) and I have found it to be, rather... slow.

A 910 chipset will not work with the 7x0's but the 7x5's from what I gather in this topic, however as with the OP's questionings I am wondering if there is an easier way to identify the chipset. My board came with a slightly smaller hard drive than the others sold, and less RAM (which I promptly upgraded to 1 gig, and kept the other 256 chip in it).

I would really like to be able to upgrade this pile of junk to something respectable, without killing my wallet. 533mhz ram would be nice, 2 gigs of it nicer, as would a working 7x0 chip without too much modification effort. I see that there were several low-voltage Pentium M's as well - and they are 7x8's, I would like to know if these can be used as well. Primarily I am looking at the 7x0s as the 7x0 line goes up to the 780 (hail satan).

Other than ripping the entire thing asunder, is there any way, any tool, heck, anything I can do to check it? Even when I install drivers it conflicts with itself about what chipset it has.

Oh, and if this helps at all - it can run Spore, which is really naggy about its hardware requirements. However the Creature Creator ran fine, and I would assume it was a 915 to pull that off - not a 910. But then again, I have no idea.

This is why I like desktops... the ability to see, and know, without question, what a unit is*

*With the exception of clone boards made in China. them all.

Edit: One more question - how far up the Celeron M line can this pile of putrefaction go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.