Acer 8940g Random Restarts even in Idle Mode

Discussion in 'Acer' started by filip_pine, Apr 27, 2018.

1. filip_pine

filip_pine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    m
    Jeremy, replacing the BIOS baterry didn't fix the problem... guess the mobo is causing all of this chaos... I'll wait for the other 8940g to arrived and try to change the motherboard and see if this will fix the problem...

2. filip_pine

Reputations:
    Just a little update, i have received the other 8940g i bought second hand from a local guy in my town. Remove the mobo from the one i bought it and replace my old motherboard that i guess it waas the problem for the random restarts...

So far, no restars at all and i'm running the laptop for like 3 days with no restarts at all... i guess it was the motherboard that was dying... will try to assemble again the other laptop with the old motherboard and see if it keep restarting...

PS : Does anyone know if the Acer 8940g can run on 1333Mhz RAM ? Right now i'm running on 2x2GB 1066Mhz and i would like to upgrade to 2x4GB 1333Mhz RAM Modules.

Thank you

3. senso

senso Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The CPU supports DDR3 1066/1333 so, it should run at 1333Mhz if all the RAM modules/sticks support 1333Mhz or faster.

4. filip_pine

Reputations:
    Thanks senso, i just order the 2x4GB Kingston 1333Mhz SODIMM from ebay... will wait for the RAM to arrive and install them in my laptop. By the way, the latest Official BIOS for this model is 3117 right ?