1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

ACER 6935G, My Own Complete Review

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by darika, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Bomberman71

Bomberman71 Newbie

Reputations:
    The only notebooks i have seen with turbo memory are the ones from Clevo (Sager, MySn, Alienware, and 1200 other Marketing names).
    Those Notebooks are barebones and they can be configured to your desires and can contain turbo memory.

On the other hand i haven't read 1 single article yet in which they state that the extra memory actually improves performance dramaticly.
    So in other words i don't think we are missing out.

2. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    does that thing about defective nvidia cards affect this laptop?

cus im a lucky dell notebook (warranty ended) owner... with a useless nvidia card...

3. Bomberman71

Bomberman71 Newbie

Reputations:
    No, not that i've heard of. But in the end you'll be screwed if you have a taste of bad luck no matter how expensive your laptop is or what brand/model it is.
    But once again, i have not read anything about Nvidia problems with this model.

Also i'd like to add that i find this notebook very quite, even while gaming !
    It's a relieve compared to my previous Clevo that sounded like it was ready for take off.

Are there any negative aspects to this notebook ? So far i have found 1.
    I find it sometimes a clumsy to open the notebook lid, it does require a bit of force and the edge is hard to grip.
    On the positive side, eventhough the lid is not secured with a locking mechanism it will NOT just open by itself.

4. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i have watched a youtube video of some #$%#$& (lolol) unboxing is new acer 6935G.. and when he opened the lid he used the corner and it bended like crazy... i mean.. isnt it comon knowledge to use the middle of the lid to push it open... so it doesnt bend.. i mean.. i may not know much about the monitor technology and its treshhold to curvature but better not bend and keep safe then to bend and risc damaging some pixels..

either way after extensive market review i deceided to buy one Acer Aspire 6935G-864G32MN (P8600 WXGA 4GB-DDR3 9600GT-512DDR3 320-7200rpm) tomorrow...

ps: I will be putting a BOMB in any store here in my country that starts selling this laptop with WUXGA and better CPU. :D

5. darika

darika Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Here's my GPU-Z:
    [​IMG]
    It's a 9600M GT 512MB DDR3.

6. applefreakpeeps

applefreakpeeps Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hmm mine is the 1 GB card.. i donno if acer to cut costs increased the memory but used slower cheaper DDR2 RAM

7. sgogeta4

sgogeta4 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    1GB is useless for the card... you got cheaped out :S

8. applefreakpeeps

Reputations:
    I know that a card with a 128-bit bus width has not much use for 1 GB memory.. but the reasons I bought this model was for the other features (2.53 C2D, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HDD, Full HD Screen, Blu-Ray).. the model with the 9600M GT 512 MB GDDR3 is lower specced in singapore (2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB HDD, 1366x768 display, DVD+RW).. not to mention that Acer advertised this card as 1 GB GDDR3... only when I ran GPU-Z did I notice that this was being shown as DDR2 and the memory clock was also at 400 Mhz..

9. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine has all the same specs except mine has 9600mGT 512mb GDDR3.

10. applefreakpeeps

Reputations:
    aah but that model isnt available in singapore.. i had 2 get a laptop soon.. so bought this..:)