ACER 6935G, My Own Complete Review

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by darika, Dec 28, 2008.

1. wyald

wyald Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone help me with my problems Please?

It's seems my internal clock speed is inconsistent which affecting my gaming performance. then i tried to test run it with 3d Mark 06 on the first try i scored 5430 pts then on the second test i scored 7102 pts. when i get into the detailed report i noticed the difference between both test which is the first test Internal clock speed was 1073MHz and the second test is 1600 MHz. what might causing it?? =/. for the driver i was using Dox 185.85.

2. Yidakee

Yidakee Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi !

Fisrt let me say I am AMAZED by the quality of this laptop. I have always been an Acer critic, and I ended up buying this one!

But, in my everlasting quest for the extra fps (specially GTA4), I'm trying out OS and drivers before a final install decision.

Can anyone assist me please?

1 - I use DOX 185.85 in win7 64bit, was using 185.68 in 32bit version (.85 did not recognize)

Windows experience went from 5.8 to 5.2, fraps records slightly lower Fps (around 20-25 with high settings, was around 28-30 in 32bit) but I actually feel the game smoother. No dragging, stuttering... could it be me?

2 - I've installed Win7rc1 ultimate 64bit, but I am having a couple of issues on a fresh clean install.

epower does not launch, but on install it does brighten and dim the screen a bit, so it looks as it is doing something. When I try to open the program, it stays a long time doing nothing, end eventually shows a "not working" window. Worked perfet in 32bit. Tried multiple compatibility options.

empowering software does not launch, says " Sorry, operating system not supported" - and I've tried compatibility modes for Vista sp1 and plain Vista... (the driver folder says Vista SP1, and I did triple check I downloaded the Vista64bit driver from Acer website). I win7 32bit was the same deal. Not a big deal, but would be nice to have it working.

3 - Subwoorfer... can't get it to make a sound.

Anyways, all sort of input is warmly welcome! Thanks!

3. wandyhee

wandyhee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    help needed from anyone who got technical knowledge here. I dropped my laptop yesterday and everything are fine until I on it again today, my laptop could not detect any oudio output and when I pointed the mouse pointer to the speaker icon on the bottom right (this time with X in red circle), it say: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVISE IS INSTALLED. as I thought it's the driver error, I reinstall my audio driver 1,2 and 3 times but problem didn't solve.. help me :(

4. Dexy

Dexy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there any way to OC the CPU ???

5. Eugene91

Eugene91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi im an owner of 6935g too ^^.. My specs can be seen on my sig below..

oh hi wandyhee!..

Any idea if all the current drivers Vista 32bit from acer can be used in Win7 32-bit? acer seems like they seldom update their drivers..

6. wandyhee

wandyhee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    don't know about that, but i'm quite satisfied with acer warranty service. my problem solved! they said some of the chip on my motherboard broken and they replace it without asking single penny from me! its took only 3 days and my laptop are as good as new! :)

7. Eugene91

Eugene91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    wow free huh? LoL.. even though fall? :p

8. anakronox

anakronox Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi ! This is a great review for a great PC (I have one too) ^^. I only have a question about the TV tuner: Is it for analog or (and) digital TV ?
    I've searched on many website, but the information about that ain't the same... some said that it's for analog and digital, and others only talks about digital.
    Did someone ever try the tuner ? (I know that's 2 questions XD )

9. darika

darika Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My model doesn't include TV Tuner :(

10. RickyC

RickyC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine has the tuner but i don't know how to work it. None of the parts seem to fit with any of the other parts :/ *hits them with hammer