1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

ACER 6935G, My Own Complete Review

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by darika, Dec 28, 2008.

1. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    wow...thx alot atridhr!this tutorial is very easy to understand!but there's no option of saying vista 32bit upgrade to window 64bit,so now i was just wondering that,when u buy your 6935g,it comes with vista 32bit or 64bit ?and u just upgrade to window 7 or u did the clean install of window 7 on your 6935g ?

2. Eugene91

Eugene91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit on my 6935G with a new HDD :p

I suggest you better do a clean install instead of upgrading which may cause problems.. :(

3. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yea,was thinking about that too,but was still wondering how to do the clean install,afraid that i might crash the whole thing.and can i go from vista 32bit to window 7 64bit Eugene91 ?

4. boska

boska Newbie

Reputations:

Dear achutngpakhtoon,

waiting your reply

5. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hi boska,i've try to search around too,but can't find any answer...huhu!we'll just wait for achutngpakhtoon answer then...

6. achutngpakhtoon

achutngpakhtoon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Boska: sorry for taking time in replying i was travelling inter-city...well my friend you have a problem i know that choice/variety of laptops is a major headache in Pakistan....you can forget about online sites like amazon and the others delivering to Pakistan bcos none of them do that...so that is out of the question..what you cna do is look for all the websites from your ry seling laptops to find the right specs...this is hard but you will find alot of sites two good ones are panaroma computers and MyShop .... i recommmned that you phone these two websites especially and ask if they can arrange for the model that you are looking for and if you are lucky you might find your laptop from them....otherwise if you have someone coming from abroad especially the US or Dubai (evn anywh else) u can ask them to bring the laptop. And also if you are in Lahore go visit Hafeez centre the shops over there sometimes have such laptops. I know what i have said doesnt help much but hopefully you'll find wat u want.

@Fendi: i dont think doing a clean install will be too hard...i havnt installed Win7 as yet, but i suppose when u boot from the cd-driv the instaler will give u an optin to format the drive hence allowing u to do a clean install....or something like that...and as long as u have backed ure data no matte at u do u arnt gnna crash ure computer u cna keep trying till u finly achieve a crystal clean install of Win7 [=P]

7. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thx achutngpakhtoon,so now clean istall it's just the same as reformating your pc then right ?but just wondering about the recovery partition,will it still be vista or window 7 ?and about drivers,i must go get them before i do the clean install or after the clean install ?

8. boska

boska Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Achutngpakhtoon,

i check all the stores in pakistan it's not available in lahore.
    and in karachi it's old processor with 2.0 anyhow let see what happen

thanks for your help

regard's

9. atridhr

atridhr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    np Fendi,
    My model came with vista 32bit and i did clean install of win7 64bit. I suggest you do the same thing. As long as you put your important files on other disks or disk partitions (if you have them) you should be safe, because youll format only partition with OS installed on it.
    i found nice tutorial of how to do clean install of win 7 so check it to.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

if you can it will be best if you prepare drivers before installation, but even if you dont it shouldnt be problem cuz win 7 recognised and installed almost every device in my laptop (except fingerprint reader i think)

cheers and good luck :)

10. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    thx thx thx alot atridhr!!!this new tutorial is way better than the previous 1!now i know just how easy izzit to clean install!thx again my friend!and dude,i wanted to ask that,what brand of ddr3 u get for your 6935g?because i'm thinking of puting extra ram on it,and what is the max capacity ram that 6935g can take?4gb or 8 gb ?

11. achutngpakhtoon

Reputations:
    @Boska: glad to be of service man
    @Fendi: you can update to 8gb maximum and of course u need a 64-bit system to utilise it...as far as 'my' RAM goes i havnt checked mine...

12. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    8gb of ddr3 ram in my beast machine,my work will go very very silky smooth!thx for the answer achutngpakhtoon!so what brand of ddr3 do u guys recommend to buy ?any spec ?

13. achutngpakhtoon

Reputations:
    well im no expert in this category but there are alot of choices...but in my opinion OCZ RAM's are in the top tier for perfomance... Corsair is another superb choice.

14. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yea achutngpakhtoon,both are superior and both are pricey too!huhu!but i think i have spend some on my ram cause sometimes i do alot of 3d rendering work on my 6935g.anyway,izzit true that acer not coming out with this model already?in my country there is no more stock!and i also get my 6935g when it was a display model,the last there is!my friend is willing to let go his dell xps for this baby beast at any cost!lol

15. darika

darika Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    WINDOWS SEVEN CIR ITE DRIVER COMPATIBILITY ISSUE

I would like to mention that I've met some compatibility issue with the CIR ITE driver for Windows 7. The Consloe Media Pad didn't respond very well. I've returned to the previous driver (Vista) using the system restore, everything came back to normal.

16. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    erm...what is CIR ITE driver ?i'm just getting ready for window 7...

17. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    and guys,can 6935g burn dvd's ?

18. darika

Reputations:
    What I know it makes working the console media pad on the left of your keyboard

19. darika

Reputations:
    Of course it can!!!

20. FENDI

FENDI Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    alright!thank you thank you all of u,now atleast i could have the solution prepare when i face problems installing window 7!and luckily 6935g can burn dvd's!so for u guys who use window 7,what do to think about it compare to vista?damn good ?