Acer 6530 Owners lounge

Discussion in 'Acer' started by eVoHicks, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eVoHicks

eVoHicks Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Your fan will always be on, its normal with these laptops, even with a desktop the fan is always on to cool the CPU.
    When using it on your bed or any surface that can block the vents, it will get hotter as the hot air cannot get out and the cool air cannot get in, remember this and always make sure the vents around the fan are free from obstruction.

2. eVoHicks

eVoHicks Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Not sure about other versions of Vista, but I installed the 64bit version of Windows 7 recently and it worked perfectly. Even the fingerprint reader worked using microsoft software and not Acer bio protection software.
    As this was just the Beta release I am considering getting the full version when it comes out.

3. Dio

Dio Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I picked 2 of the Acer AS6530-6522 from BestBuy for 329.99 one for my son, and the wife.
    After I formatted the notebooks and installed the 64 bit version of Vista I have to say lots of bang for the buck, and the build quality is surprisingly good. Over all very pleased with this notebook.

Dual core processor
    Hd3200 ATI grfx
    Nice sized hard drive.
    Wireless N
    Separate numeric keypad
    Excellent webcam
    Nice audio for a notebook
    Vista home premium
    Free Win 7 upgrade
    All for 329.00 I think great buy.

4. donelove1

donelove1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Good day everyone. I have a 6530-6522 and have no major complaints. My only question is whether anyone has attempted to use a remote control with the laptop? If so, how did you do it? Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

5. jingledale

jingledale Newbie

Reputations:
  6. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, just wanted some advice on some problems I'm having with my laptop.

I've installed a clean version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and downloaded the relevant drivers that I could find from the Acer site, the rest from the manufacturers or Windows Update. All is fine apart from I've noticed when playing any media content through the internet or iTunes/WMP, the computer slows down a lot and the fans kick in really loudly which will last for anything up to a couple of minutes. Video or music will start freezing and jumping during this duration.

I downloaded the driver for the ATI 3650HD from the Acer UK site (AMD Chipset Driver (RS780) 8.65).

I've looked through the ATI site for a newer driver but couldn't find anything for this graphics card. I'm not even sure if this is the problem.

I'm running the laptop constantly on High Performance mode.

Any ideas?

Thank you

7. 23james

23james Newbie

Reputations:
    hi, new to this forum, own an acer 6530g, had it for about a year, the batteries just died but ive bought a replacement so hopefully everything should be ok
    my real question is concerning the second hard drive space at the bottom left of the underside of the laptop
    does anyone know what size drive fits here, or where to get the drive cover etc?
    any help would be great. cheers 6530 family!

8. Ashiq_888

Ashiq_888 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an acer aspire 6530 and have recently installed windows 7 ultimate 64 edition and have installed all the necessary drivers, and have noticed that the fans have slowed down and the computer is over heating, if any one has any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it I would really appreciate any help at all. thank you in advance.

I have also made a set of recovery disks with the original OS and setting and am wondering if that is the only way I will be able to fix the problem.

9. Guitarman02

Guitarman02 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, new here. Glad to find this thread. I've bought my 6530 from Best Buy last August for 279.00. I guess they were on closeout because I haven't seen another one in any Best Buy I've been in since. It's a shame too because it's a great machine, and a lot of machine for buck as well.
    Overall, I've had no real issues with mine except just recently, the right side output to the headphones stopped working. I don't know if it's a setting I've changed or the jack has shorted. Maybe a fresh driver install? I do alot of home recording and studio work with my band so I need this to work but I'm sure it's an easy fix or maybe time for a new soundcard.

I do have one question that's been bothering me. It seems that my power supply gets very hot. I know they are prone to get warm but sometime I believe it's hatter than it should be, is this normal? Am I worrying over nothing?

10. Ared21

Ared21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey, bought my acer 6530g a year ago. i have just upgraded my cpu from rm-70 to zm-84 i was wondering what the cpu heatsink/fin is made out of? i know that the gpu heatsink/fin is made out of copper. my laptop is overheating and shutting down.
    specs:
    AMD Turion X2 ultra ZM-84 2.3GHz(upgraded from RM-70)
    4GB RAM
    ATI mobility HD4670 1GB DDR2(upgraded from HD3650 512MB DDR2)
    Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
    250GB HDD
    Blu-ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.