acer 5920g black screen problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by chicolocox, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chicolocox

chicolocox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everybody my pc the Acer 5920g stopped working without apparently reason. When I try to turn it on the screen doesn't turn on. I read lots of post in this forum as well about this problem and already tried different kind of fixes. First I connected it to an external device and nothing appear, so then I put the video card in the owen several times but this didn't help. I finally decide to buy a new video card and today I received the 9500m gs but it didn't work as well. I was thinking about flashing the modded bios but I was not able. In your opinion which is the problem. in one of my test I found out that trying to start the pc without the video card the lights of the lcd turn on maybe can be helpful please give me something to try I'm desperate

2. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Why you wasn't able to flash the modded BIOS? It most likely would fix your problem. As for the LCD turning on, it just means that the rest of the system is fine and you have to fix the GPU.

3. Maro12

Maro12 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    what is the full spec of your laptop??
    is the graphic card separately placed or is it onboard?

remove the HDD and restart, and try to enter the BIOS, if you enter, the hard drive has the problem, test the hard drive on another laptop if you can or connect it through usb and let Windows test it.

4. chicolocox

Reputations:
    Because it didn't work I think I'm doing something wrong. First I tried to flash the modded bios '5920G_MXM_V3.WPH' using the procedure founded in this video the problem is that my firmware has the .FD extension and the modded bios has the .WPH extension, so I just tried to rename it in zg5ia32.fd but didn't work the lights on my pc just continued to blind for like 20 minutes so I decided to turn it off. After this I tried to put the original bios in the right format with the same result. Do you know the right way for doing this?

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  5. chicolocox

Reputations:
    The graphic card is separately placed. I already tried to remove the hard disk but same result. The HD works I have it in an external hard drive adaptor at the moment so this shouldn't be the problem the spec of my laptop are:
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo)
    Memory : 2048 MB, DDR2 PC5300 667 Mhz SDRAM
    Video card : nVidia VG.8PG06.005 9500M GS 512MB
    Hard disk : WD 320GB SATA 2.5"

6. Maro12

Reputations:
    boot the pc without HDD and see what it shows

7. chicolocox

Reputations:
    Yes I've already done this and nothing appear because the screen is dead, that's my problem ;)

8. Maro12

Reputations:
    do you see any lights on, hear the fan cooler when the pc is turned?

9. chicolocox

Reputations:
    yes everything seems to be ok except the screen as usual. I'm not sure because I have the dual boot at start but I think the operating system starts in fact after few minutes the wifi led turn on because it is connected to the wifi

10. Maro12

Reputations:
    remove the CMOS battery, and insert Windows cd and restart and see if you can perform a repair, to me it sounds like a driver/software issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.