1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Acer 5520G. Is it dead

Discussion in 'Acer' started by naton, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnrichard07

johnrichard07 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I had my Acer Aspire 5520G last March 2008 then it died around January 2010. But not actually died, the 8400M G card died then I bought a temporary gateway pc. Then Last Friday, I installed a brand new 8600M GT card on my 5520G and amazingly it was revived though I always get the MXM error 30 secs POST.

2. Arminator

Arminator Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @johnrichard07

maybe you would need to update your motherboard bios to the latest version and it would work.

3. Shockwave_Omega

Shockwave_Omega Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I started work @ Acer this week. I also got the impression that the Gemstone series wasn't the most favorite unit/series in the repair department.

I also had to repair ( replace the mainboard ) on about 3 of them already :S
    Most of em come in with the "eternal" reboot problem. If that happens your Acer is probably (98.5% sure) gonna need a new one.

4. classic77

classic77 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm selling an 8600m GT if you want to try that...check my sig...only 45 bucks...

Besides that...does the model have a CMOS battery? have you try disconnecting that and resetting the CMOS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.