1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Acer 3810tz backlight problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by abstrakt, Mar 20, 2010.

1. abstrakt

abstrakt Newbie

Reputations:
    My laptop seems to have a backlight problem. It's been flickering. If I hold the backside down, the screen looks 100% normal with nothing wrong with the screen. When I let go, the backlight is gone and the screen is nearly gone. Only faint showing. I'm guessing some kind of backlight wire got loose in the back. Is there anyway to fix this instead of having to send it in? Thanks.

2. Donno

Donno Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same prob. Anyone?

3. Mooly

Mooly Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Seems a common problem,
    Acer Aspire Timeline 3810TZ-4880 Review - Laptops - CNET Reviews

Without dismantling one it's hard to comment but from reading the problems I suspect the issue will be more like a hairline crack in a pcb holding the LED's rather than just "a loose wire"... but as I say wihout actually seeing one and all :)

4. Donno

Donno Newbie

Reputations:
    Mooly,
    Thanks for the link. Wished I knew about this in 2009 when I bought this machine. Aside from this problem I love this laptop. Found an $89 lcd on Amazon. Waiting for the problem to get worse before I make my move.

5. tom_

tom_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same problem, as I've seen reported a lot too. I think replacing the LED flex may be the solution, but I'm not certain whether this is the right component part - would appreciate any tips on attempting this fix:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

6. ic3m4n

ic3m4n Newbie

Reputations: