Accessories for Aero OLED

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DusterTX, Aug 4, 2021.

1. DusterTX

DusterTX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm thinking about purchasing an Aero 15 OLED, as spec'ed here - https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834233445?Item=9SIAMG8FAC6331

I am coming from an Apple MacBook Air, and lots seems to have changed since I last bought a new computer.

CORD
    What type of cord will I need to connect this Aero to a monitor? I see a "thunderbolt 4 (type c) listed, but I can't seem to find the exact cord for that. Any help would be appreciated! I just don't want to buy something that won't work...

EXTERNAL DISPLAY
    Are there any types of external displays/monitors that will not work with this laptop? I'm thinking about physical inputs, and I guess aspect ratios? Ideally, I'd like to take full advantage of the 4K display this laptop offers.

BLOAT WEAR
    Kind of off topic, but how hard is it to remove bloat wear from these laptops? Coming from a Mac, there wasn't always a ton of junk I had to remove. What are some softwares I will want to uninstall?

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    you should be good to go...great laptop.....you might want to uninstall the ai software though...take a gander at the
    Windows OS and Software

thread and gander at oso shut up...

3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    i recommend uninstalling all the spy bloatware

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The best option for the Aero would be to use its mini-DisplayPort connection with one of these cables.

Whatever the specs of the laptop's built-in display are have no bearing on external monitor compatibility. As far as said external monitor, it depends on your intended use case (gaming, content creation, content consumption, etc), what size you want, what your budget is, etc.

It all depends. You'll want to keep the control center software as that governs the keyboard lighting and other lower-level system functions. Otherwise, any other in-box Windows application is fair game. We can't tell you what you may or may not want to keep around.