ABS / TC Problem

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by millermagic, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    Just thought I'd update. Seems to be getting worse and it might be the vehicle speed sensor. It is starting to shift strange and at odd times. Taking off from a stoplight a few times I barely touched the gas to get moving and it had a hard shift into 2nd for no reason. Other times it waits too long to shift down.

The lights on the dash could be from working ABS sensors having a different reading from VSS. Since everything usually goes out and the transmission shifts right at higher speeds, it could be the VSS not working well at lower speeds.

Also seems to be cutting the engine fuel and timing when it thinks it wants to shift. Like accelerating and then it will lose power for a second, come back and then shift at full power.

The right front caliper hung up and wore the pads out and chewed up the rotor. Not to mention with the bad balljoints and suspension it wore the inside of the front tires completely bald. I have a good set of snow tires for winter time if I have the car this long. The rotor and pads I might see if I can grab some at a junkyard locally. A rotor at the local junkyard is $10 which is better than $50. One used rotor and two used brake pads would make the car's brakes somewhat safe.

Ugh. I understand why people stopped buying American. No car should have this many problems at 75000 miles. The rear springs are still broke, there is no heat (not an issue in August), and it leaks just about everything.

2. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    That sounds like an iCar would, except people would be waiting eagerly for ver. 2.0 that also steers randomly in odd directions. :D

3. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    I have iCar 2.0 beta. I am well acquainted with that feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.