a135-s4527 Windows XP Drivers

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by FuLLiNG, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kentla57

kentla57 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just UPgraded mine with XP also and actually found all the drivers on the Toshiba recovery and applications/drivers media instructions disk(s) that came with the machine. Everything is running except being able to crank up the screen brightness. The drivers are found in the directory (folder) called COMPS1. You can either let the disk startup or go to the folders and the individual directories and double clicking on the file you want to run. If you let the disk run there is a menu system that will install the drivers also. It actually works. The disk is meant for Vista but works just fine on XP.

2. kentla57

kentla57 Newbie

Reputations:
    I used the on one on the recory and applications disk found in the comp1 directory on the disk. It worked for me. In fact all the drivers so far except screen brightness.

3. JSteffSat

JSteffSat Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have a A135 S4677 Satellie that came with Vista, I need to go to XP for work apps. anyones thoughts on putting in a new hard drive and putting XP on that?
    Then I would have the original setup and could swap back for warranty purposes. There are several drive-finder programs out there but if anyone has done this model can you help with how it went??? Where did you get most of the drivers?
    THere are some device/driver finders out there that say they can find the right drives....
    Also my research has shown that this model was made under a different designation for europe and canada with XP. Anyone know where I can see a table that shows US-VS -other countries model #'s? Maybe they have the whole driver setups already or I could buy a restore disk from them and that would have the drivers.
    Thanks Everyone!
    JSteffSat

4. dsiwer

dsiwer Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey! I've tried to follow the link to the recommended driver, but it appears to be broken. Can I have emailed or sth to dsiwer@gmail.com? Many thanx!,
    Diego

5. Whatever Sales

Whatever Sales Newbie

Reputations:
    I have done about 50 Successful downgrades to XP. I'm currently uploading the drivers to a web space here is the link to all the drivers you will need. Fully funtional no lockups , no mouse freezing works great. So Enjoy....
    :)
    http://badapple.ados.net/A135-S4527 XPPRODriversAll/

6. circuitjerk

circuitjerk Newbie

Reputations:
    That link above is broken, actually the whole site seems to be borked..LOL

I've taken most of the drivers from the "Whatever Sales" posted on the site, very helpfull, thank you, but I was unable to get the sound to install, I was however able to use the driver off the CD, however I still have the mouse freezing problem. Hopefully someone will see this and post up a link or private message me with how to obtain it. could even mail-e me at gfilitti at yahoo dot com I'd really appreciate it.
    Otherwise I've disabled everything in msconfig, and no help there.

7. nbhor

nbhor Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi is it possible for you to zip all the drivers and keep them at same location? It will be easy for us to download one single file instead of downloading every individual file.

Thanks in advance

8. sunil kumar reddy

sunil kumar reddy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I just got an a135-s4527 with Windows Vista and most of the applications I need to use don't work....

I've formatted, installed a win XP but I cannot find drivers for this!

I've read in this forum that many of you have done the downgrade to XP, could you please post where to download the drivers for each thing? Graphics, wireless, modem, etc.

I've done some googling, but unable to find !

Thank you,
    --sunil kumar reddy

9. boosh

boosh Newbie

Reputations:
    looks like this link is dead, any chance of reviving it? Thanks!

10. loti28

loti28 Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you ever get the fn F6 and fn F7 to work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.