A Thread For Clevo/Sager Notebook Recall News and Questions.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Kevin, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MALIBAL

MALIBAL Company Representative

Reputations:
    We have begun the recall process as well. We will contact customers shortly with instructions on how to return their notebook for service. Also, the warranty shall be extended until the date in which the serviced notebook ships back to the customer. For example, if the laptop is returned to us and shipped back out on May 11th, then the warranty shall be extended until May 11th 2012 on a one year parts warranty, May 11th 2013 on a 2 year parts warranty, and May 11th 2014 on a 3 year parts warranty.

Note: June 2011 is the cutoff date for warranty extension. If the notebook is returned after June 2011 e.g. July/August 2011 etc. - the warranty will not be extended past June 30th. For example, if a customer with a 1 year parts warranty returns their laptop in August 2011, their warranty will be extended until June 30th, 2012.

2. zeuswsu

zeuswsu Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Any updates from xotic pc?

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I'm waiting too. Got a note from them last week, said I was more or less "next in line" to get mine updated. Haven't heard anything yet though.

4. Larry@LPC-Digital

Larry@LPC-Digital Company Representative

Reputations:
    What is for sure is that many units have gone back to Sager already for this fix. Just a matter of time until all are done. Of course it is encouraged to contact your reseller to make sure of your place in this process...:)
    _

5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
  6. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:

Just a quick question to follow up on this post from late April; have return shipments been going more or less according to the dates that MALIBAL estimated, or earlier, or later? Of course, it could just be a case of no news is good news.[​IMG]

7. MALIBAL

MALIBAL Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi, we have been shipping the systems back out within 3-5 days of receiving them, if that's what you were asking. :)

8. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:

Indirectly, but yes. Thanks!

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Just got mine back. Everything seems to be in good order. Shipped out Friday May 27, received Tuesday June 7. That's 12 days total with two weekends and a holiday in between. They received it Wed June 1 9am and must have shipped it out Friday June 3, so was in their hands less than 3 days. Not too bad. Even replaced my rubber bumpers and seems that temps so far are reasonable, unlike when I received my unit brand new the temps were running 10c higher than everyone elses until I changed the paste.

Warranty starts now too, which is nice. So anyone interested in buying mine! ;)

10. zeuswsu

zeuswsu Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Did you get any notifications through e-mail of when they shipped it back to you or anything like that? Or did it just magically appear at your door one day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.