[A Message From Frank Azor] - Leaving Alienware?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by iunlock, Jun 24, 2019.

1. JoeT44

JoeT44 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Bro, the XOC bin file did not show in the bios. It was definitely on my flash drive

2. NB_Neenja

NB_Neenja Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That was really an eye-opener, thank you. I replied in the thread you linked so to not veer this thread off topic.

Papusan likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It looks like Corsair may become another Laptop player soon...

CORSAIR Acquires ORIGIN PC
    PRESS RELEASE by VSG Wednesday, 06:19 Discuss (13 Comments)
    https://www.techpowerup.com/257657/corsair-acquires-origin-pc

"...ORIGIN PC offers a wide range of high-performance configurable PCs, ranging from gaming PCs and powerful workstations to gaming laptops, building systems focused on customization, service, gaming, and technology to deliver a complete gaming experience. ORIGIN PC systems have won hundreds of media awards and industry accolades and are trusted by customers across North America to provide a truly personalized custom gaming PC experience..."

jaybee83, Vasudev, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I saw that the other day. This could be a partnership that ends up making Clevo better as well. Laptop world is pretty messed up and needs all the help it can get now. I hope their influence does something positive to turn the tide on the plethora of crippled mobile rubbish littering the landscape.

triturbo, jaybee83, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  5. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    I thought this was interesting as well when I saw this announcement.

Perhaps it'll force Corsair more towards doing things right and innovate in order to complete. It'd be really refreshing for them to come out strong and shame the current players in the field ... in turn that'll force the current companies to up their game in the gaming laptop sector. It'll be great to see a win-win come out of this.

Vasudev, Papusan, jclausius and 2 others like this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Corsair has built up a huge network of support in their suppliers network, and leveraging that seems like a natural - that's where big win's can be had - for both end user prices and profits - and unique solutions may be sourced much easier. I hope a large dose of back to basics creativity hits them - affecting their build choices.

7. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    Indeed. With the introduction of the Area 51M, it put another system in the modular sector along side Clevo / Sager etc... so let's hope they focus where it counts for when it comes to enthusiasts who want the real deal.

It's interesting to see HP who has been overshadowed by AW/Dell with gaming laptops, going LM on their new system... all the while the Dell XPS is still in the same chassis, which reminds me of Intel with them milking the 14nm process many times over....

It's not necessarily a bad thing, because the products can still be good, however, it's a clear example of milking it due to there not being any direct competition....until now....

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    EVGA tried with their expensive Jokebooks. A huge fiasco and now Dead as the dinosaurs. If the main goal is spend resources on custom desktop builds but go for similar Evga Jokebooks this will do nothing for notebook enthusiasts. Status quo and maybe even worse. We will see how this pan out. But I don’t trust big companies regarding powerful laptops. For them is a Trashbook with expensive soldered hardware equal High performance. Just hear what Azor said about their new m15/m17 R2 line Gaming laptops. Amazing powerful products.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I agree. The possibility for something good to happen is there, but my skepticism is guarded. Will have to wait and see if anything good comes of it. If not, I will not have a surprised look on my face. However, I will have a surprised look on my face if it turns out great. Let's cross our fingers and hope they surprise us, but not be disappointed if they don't. It will be status quo with the mobile rubbish if nothing improves.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You might see Legion y740 like iCUE lights on clevos.

Mr. Fox and hmscott like this.