[A Message From Frank Azor] - Leaving Alienware?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by iunlock, Jun 24, 2019.

1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    OMG... if he joins Clevo, then PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY AND SOCKETABLE:

Start your own TRUE Highend Gaming Notebook Brand! @Prema @Mr. Fox @Johnksss @ajc9988 @iunlock and the rest of the LGA community :D

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

iunlock, Rei Fukai, ajc9988 and 2 others like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Clevo BGA with AW logo.

Arrrrbol likes this.
  3. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Cut that guy some slack!

It's not easy for a founder to remain in his company after it has become part of a larger corporate entity.
    He put his head on the line by returning his brand to the LGA roots and took a lot of heat from both sides for it.
    The hardware design errors where not his, but he was as open and helpful as their corporate lawmakers let him be while fighting the good fight.

Happy 4th of July Frank Azor, you picked the right time for your Independence Day Celebrations!

TheDantee, iunlock, DeeX and 8 others like this.
  4. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    To be fair to him, the Area 51M was a step in the right direction - just a poorly executed one. I'm more interested in who at MSI is responsible for the GT76 having a BGA GPU. The whole industry is going in that direction unfortunately, and one man can't make a huge difference.

5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    These are my experiences as well. He took the time to listen to my concerns and issues. Arranged support and put me in contact directly with some team members. They were all a great help in my opinion. Kinda sad to see him go but wishing him the best of luck in his future endevours!

Regarding the direction of Alienware. I am by far not seeing some of the changes as such a negative thing as some other forum members and each and everyone have different needs and views. The soldered ram was/is not for me. But people shouldnt forget that they have the numbers of what user want. Their sales have increased tremendously from the numbers that I saw the past couple of years so they must do something right.

Vasudev, hmscott and S.K like this.
  6. Zero989

Zero989 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    rumor is he is joining AMD

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    A rumor...

Exclusive: Frank Azor Joins AMD As Chief Gaming Officer
    By Usman Pirzada
    2 hours ago
    https://wccftech.com/frank-azor-joins-amd/

"...Frank has mentioned that he will be leaving Dell on the third of July so we should see the official announcement from AMD sometime after that date. [This is a developing story and may be updated intermittently.]"

Papusan, Vasudev and S.K like this.
  8. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Nah, let's hope he goes to Razer, where he belongs. Can't do much damage there! LMAO!

9. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    From what I saw of Frank from the Area 51m till the new m15 r2 and m17 r2 he was just a figure head. He straight up didn't know there were no ram slots in the R2 models. So really all he did was make appearances and talk at shows. But, like @Mr. Fox I'm worried who will replace him? Because we could do worse. Umar Khan would be even worse. He knows what's going on but he just lies about things without a second thought. That's grade A management material right there. And that's someone a company would want. Someone looking to prove themselves and not care about hiding the truth from a customer.

At this point I'm waiting for the R2 Area 51m coming next year with everything soldered on. These guys are taking a pretty big step back from what even the last year laptops were like. Let alone from the good old days. Hopefully I'm wrong. . .but when you expect the worst then you can never be disappointed, but you can be impressed.

hmscott likes this.
  10. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Time to celebrate AW fans, hopefully they can find a lead guy that’s more consumer friendly and get their mojo back.
    While they have been on the right track ( sort of) with the new products the practice of soldering hardware really pissed off a lot of loyal customers.
    It might take a while because they “new” line of laptops won’t be replaced for a while but with a little hope I wish they find a guy to get back on the right track.

hmscott likes this.