A few Q's before I possibly buy a Studio 17

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Trox, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basskiddanny

basskiddanny Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had a go of a Studio 15 in a store today and yes it did sound quite tinney. But I don't think that would be enough to put me off a laptop. I use my iPod with my decent speaker system and its just generally more convenient anyway.

I wouldn't let them put you off the laptop, if you wanted amazing sound quality you wouldn't be using integrated laptop speakers...Yes you can get better speakers on laptops but tey wont be amazing either.

2. latino156

latino156 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree that for sheer audio quality the built-in speakers on the Inspirons are not good enough. Totally logical. But there sure is a minimum requierement to listen to spoken words (tv-show) without pain to your ears. That's what I mean. Having to add external speakers nullifies the ease of use and portability of a laptop.

3. bohman

bohman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    on portability, the studio 17 is a desktop replacement. i did not buy this to haul around everywhere. on vacations, yes, on business yes, but i dont do either much. unfortunately on the vacation front.

ease of use depends on what you want to use it for. it can play news, video, music, and television. but if i want loud sound, i use phones or speakers.

4. latino156

Reputations:
    So why didn't you just buy a desktop?
    I want to be able to pick up my laptop and move to the bedroom or maybe even the toilet to continue watching my movie without having to take al kinds of stuff with me.

btw, I tested the inspiron 9300 with the same movie besides the Studio and the inspiron sounded better than the studio with creative's laptop speakers attached! They did an amazing job with the 9300, it's a real shame that they *can* but just didn't bother...

5. bohman

bohman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    because i want the ability to take it to work or on business when i have to.

i actually DO take it to the bathroom, my wife laughs every time.

all kinds of stuff not required for my uses. it works perfect for what i need/want/do.

6. latino156

Reputations:

hehe, and ik keeps your legs warm in the bathroom too ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.