A Comprehensive Guide to Flashing M860TU Motherboard BIOS

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Clyzm, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarentum

Tarentum Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did your notebook arrive with 1.01.13 BIOS and KBC/EC 1.00.06? That's an odd combo.

KBC/EC 1.00.06 goes with BIOS 1.01.06, so that might be the best course of action (i.e. BIOS 06, then continue to 07, EC08/BIOS08, EC10/BIOS 12, BIOS 13, BIOS 14, EC&BIOS from BIOS 15 update). Did that make sense?

I'm assuming that later updates depend on previous ECflash updates (Clevo's download site seems to indicate this) so it's odd that you have an earlier ECflash, unless it was downgraded at the end to fix keyboard issues (KBC?).

I think the above is safest, but wait for more responses or call your reseller to make sure! :)

2. 5482741

5482741 5482741

Reputations:
    Yes, it came with BIOS 1.01.13 and KBC/EC 1.00.06, I'd only noticed the BIOS version till now. I was about to flash and I noticed the KBC/EC didn't "match" my BIOS (1.01.13) like I thought it did.

3. Tarentum

Tarentum Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Might want to call your reseller (and/or if it's a third party, ask them to contact the company that put it together) and see how they did it (i.e. flashed EC up, downgraded, or just didn't upgrade EC at all). The downgrade to matching ec/bios is what I would do.

4. 5482741

5482741 5482741

Reputations:
    It seemed like a sound idea to start with BIOS .06 and KBC/EC .06 and to continue from there. The flash worked fine, and now I'm using the latest BIOS (1.02.15) and the latest KBC/EC Firmware (1.00.12).

Thanks for the assistance.

5. Bluemercury

Bluemercury Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well there you go, i had the exact same problem, its no the keyboard, its the usb hub, try any other usb hub 2.0 and then try to connect any device to it that doesnt require too much power like a mouse and then you will probably start seeing some stuttering and then it completely stops to work. I had to downgrade the bios back to .08. I hope someone at clevo sees this since its really a problem for pple who wants to use external keyboards....

6. Deathwinger

Deathwinger Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Why don't you send in your laptop to get checked out? I use a USB hub on one of my ports and it runs and powers everything I put on it just fine. Mouse, hard drive, all in one printer, etc. And my BIOS is the latest now, .15

7. Bluemercury

Reputations:
    Well i only tryed till the bios .12, it didnt work then i downgraded and it started to work fine.....ill have to try the .15 anyway since i have a m260 pre-ordered. Still is your hub 2.0? because in the .12 bios, if i used a 1.0 hub it worked go figure.

edit:still it doesnt seem to be a hardware problem so why sent it back. I assume that the .13 bios might correct this, since it deals with power issues too...?

8. Tarentum

Tarentum Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It sounds like/I assume drivers for external keyboards with hubs (which probably appear as a separate usb device, not keyboard) weren't included and/or were screwed up in recent BIOS updates. It might be worth e-mailing Clevo (? the idea is amusing in case a non english reader reads the e-mail, really likely), reseller/etc and asking.

By the way, my external keyboard works fine. It's a really cheap off brand, no usb hub.

9. Bluemercury

Reputations:
    Anyone tryed the latest bios?regarding the usb hub/keyboard issues?

10. delipoli

delipoli Newbie

Reputations:
    SOS. MAY DAY.
    I bought my Clevo M860TU laptop a year ago. As soon as I got it I format it with Windows 7 (beta back then) and using the newest version of Windows 7 since then.
    The last month the BIOS did not "see" the 500 Gb hard drive. Then I started updating the BIOS version to 1.01.13 and KBC/EC version to 1.00.10. My problem was solved for 2 days (the hard drive appeared) and then it started again.
    This very moment that I write these word the BIOS can not 'see' the hard drive that is connected (I have to use my desktop to write this). What can I do so that my laptop will work 100%?
    Please help.
    Thank you for your time in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.