_____`.=./\/\/\/\

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Petrovic, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trottel

Trottel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I know what you mean with AWD launches. It just immediately jumps out ahead of anything, not that it stays there. It was so fun to do once I got the hang of it. The tires are extremely important though. With the stock tires on my dad's WRX, it felt like driving on ice compared to the summer tires I picked out for it.

2. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Those are factory 2Gb eclipse wheels with Dunlop rubber. I pride myself on making my eagle talon look as stock as possible. In fact I have the stock swirlies in the garage waiting to be fixed. Its because it looks like a stocker that makes them think Im an easy kill (although my street racing days are long over). So next time you pull up to an eagle talon, which by the way is a Chrysler car with a Japanese engine not Chinese think twice. Because there may be an experienced driver with a heavily modded car.

Thank you for your kind words. Although Im more of a domestic fan, I will have to say I LOVE my 4g63. That and the 2jz in the supra are some true bullet proof motors, and make for some sweet highway pulling. AWD launches are great, but being able to 5th gear pull on the highway and keep up with just about anything is another great feature.

Side note: This is my third and final DSM, I have been an enthusiast since 1990 and an owner since 2002. My eagle sits nestled in my garage babied and pampered, and only sees sunny beautiful days.

Haha yeah hence why my street racing days are over.

A S/C's LS1 is a tough opponent, Im sure the DSM wasnt as modded but still even with all my mods that would be a tough guy to pull on. My talon has some decent stuff done to it, but needs new meats, better fuel and a tune BADLY. I am on the stock ECM, and need a standalone or piggy back system bad.

3. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Here are some shots of the talon this spring after Uncle Sam was generous.

Attached Files:

4. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    what a cute lil turbo. :p

jk i'm just messin with ya. nice stuff man. i've never been a fan of the greddy type-s blow off valve sound. it sounds so girly and weak to me lol, like a little bird chirp. HKS super sequential is one of, if not, my top blow off valve sounds. :D

5. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Haha yeah I have had that greddy for almost 7 years now and I agree it sucks. I have been planning on getting a HKS pull type pretty much since I got the greddy(heck they dont even make the greddy type s anymore). One day Ill have one, but for now 200+ recirc kit is not in the cards. One thing I will have to say is after all the years the Greddy CBV is still holding boost, which is what counts the most in my book.:p

6. Petrovic

Petrovic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    who is that in your avatar

just saw Requiem For A Dream, such a good movie

7. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    LOL ..........

8. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    yup, i got a few buddies that have used the greddy BOV's and they are great. i just hate the sound :p check out the tial blow off valve if u can find one used or cheap. the tial one produces a similar sound to the HKS super sequential. i don't have any personal experience with them but alot of guys rave about the quality of the tial BOV's.

9. Petrovic

Petrovic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    houstoned: who is that in your avatar? (lol and don't say your "gf")

10. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Not 100% sure but I think the tial dont have a recirc kit for DSMs, and that is a major necessity for me. One day Ill do an HKS pull type as its the brand that I have wanted for a long long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.