9750 upgrade past 7800 GTX ?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by elvn, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blowfish64

Blowfish64 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Certainly they offered upgrades, but I hardly count it as upgradeable when you have to send it in to have them swap out not only the GPU but the entire motherboard as well. Dell got it right to start with and as a result it cost their consumers less than half of what it cost Sager's. That's my 0 for 3. As for the "cost of a new computer" comment, you can get a lot of computers for around $1000, but actually I was mixing Sager up with AW which wanted to charge around $1500 I believe.

2. bluegrope

bluegrope Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you heard anything about Warrentech warranty (used for international warranties by PcTorque). As far as I know, most resellers have now opted to hold local (US) warranties in-house, following teh complaints about PM.

But... since I will be in Europe, I wanted to know if anyone has made any experiences (good or bad) with this policy.

Edit: already read teh post at http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=30641

3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hm, haven't heard anything about that, but then again, haven't heard anyone reporting problems.

Notebookforums.com is PCTorque's forum, I would recommend posting about it there and see if anyone has that warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.