8th Gen CPU Gtx 1070 or 7th Gen CPU Gtx 1080?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by krelian03, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @judal57
    I really can't do this
    It takes far too long.
    It takes HOURS or days.
    Why don't you just do it yourself?
    Go through all of the advanced menus *AND* submenus (the menus inside and options inside them) and the chipset menu and change all of the selectable options and header options (that are not blank spaces) to Supervisor. You should also change the Main menu options to supervisor so the advanced options appear. You have to do this for every option and sub option that you want. Can you see how tedious this is?

Just do it in amibcp 5.0.2, the one I posted.

judal57 likes this.
  2. krelian03

krelian03 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi! I'm back and it seems things already settled regarding the LM issue. So my question is --- I am getting the LM CPU+ Gelid GPU, how can I repaste this in the future? I think I will repaste it with Gelid (for both) in the future but is there something I need to remember regarding the installed LM?

Vistar Shook likes this.
  3. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i thought i have to set it as user :S .. i will try supervisor

4. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    @judal57 User works but I always do supervisor. I never tested user.
    The problem is it takes many hours to unlock all options. It took me almost one hour to unlock all of the chipset menu. That's just too much work. And it's hard for me to do continuous monotone work like that with a metal bar in my spine and all the swelling and pain I have. I'm sorry.

5. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Falkentyne thanks, i activated thermal options. but know i dont know how to flash the bios because from flash bios option at boot. it dont recognize the .rom as a Bios. how can i turn back the .rom to a .exe of dell ?

6. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    @judal57 You have to use FPTW64 to flash the bios as adminstrator (you can get the tools from win-raid.com or from paloesco' post on the MSI section but I would get it from the win-raid forums in the tools section for the intel management engine flash stuff. It's all in a package there). You also have to use RU to find the Bios Lock option and disable that before FPTW64 will flash the bios. You can do that if you read his post on how to find the option. You can use your dumped bios and extract the tab in UEFItool (search for bios lock) then use universal ifr extractor on the field).

Also how did you extract this bios?
    You have to EXTRACT it with FPT64 first and then edit menus in that only! If this is the downloaded bios you got from a website, never edit menus in that!

When you unlock bios menus, you only use AMIBCP on the aptio bios capsule (which you can dump with FPTW64). You shouldn't use AMIBCP on official bios files because they contain other stuff, like the intel ME or EC, which you can brick if you open a file that also has those in AMIBCP, with the bios capsule itself.

To create a safe backup, use FPTW64.exe -d biosbackup.rom -bios

like that

You can get the current version here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/he3hxjz0yb7b41w/Intel+CSME+System+Tools+v11+r10.rar

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    @judal57 Let me explain how you get the bios lock option.
    1) extract your bios (dump it) with command prompt in admin mode with FTPW64 -d biosbackup.rom -bios
    2) download UEFItool and universal ifr extractor from paloesco's post here.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-clear-cmos-and-prevent-common-issues.812372/
    3) open your backed up bios in uefitool and go to search, in TEXT, enter Bios Lock
    At the bottom you will see "Bios Lock found" (somwhere).
    Double click that. When you double click it, menus will appear at the top with the selection already highlighted.
    choose "Extract as is" and enter a file name. Like judal.bin

Then open Universal IFR extractor, open that file you extracted, and save it as a text file.
    Then open it in windows notepad, look for Bios Lock and note the hex offset. Example: 0x40A37

write that down somewhere.

Then make a boot disk with RU on it. and you need to search for that offset in RU (in the setup tab area) and when you find it, change the value from 01 to 00 to disable bios lock. (you can use the instructions listed in the forum post I linked).

Vistar Shook likes this.
  8. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder if the memory voltage will work.....on my evgabook it doesn't even though it is unlocked in the Bios. We will see soon enough.

Falkentyne likes this.
  9. Falkentyne

Reputations:
    Did you check with HWinfo or System Information Viewer (SIV)?

Vistar Shook likes this.
  10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Bios shows the memory voltage, but the vdd settings doesn't actually change it. This is a hidden menu, while there is another memory menu which is available to user, but no voltage option, just timings and speed, so I think this official menu is what controls the memory settings and hidden memory menu is disabled. Max memory speed in Bios is 3200 though, so more voltage might not actually be needed.