8770w Elitebook?

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by Robrain, Apr 16, 2012.

1. linkboy

linkboy Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help. I ended up going with a 1080p glossy display and it looks fantastic. Even the guy who did the install said it looked fantastic.

2. Quicklite

Quicklite Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    Quick question.
    Using a 8770W with Windows 10 (1709). The left top click botton turns one click into many click. I've tried uninstalling the Synaptics driver - it fixes it (but loses the gesture, and advanced trackpad functions). When it restarts, Windows seems to download that incompatible mouse driver which multiple clicks again. Does anyone have a solution?

Just playing with Microsoft's hide update troubleshooter tool with limited success.

3. Suraj Subedi

Suraj Subedi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bricked nvidia k3100m while flashing vbios. The thread is below with details.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...g-to-k3100m-in-hp-8770w.821630/#post-10781009

Can you provide suggestions for my problem as you have experience with K5100m. By the way, my HP 8770w is not with the dreamcolor display.

What should I do to flash original bios in this bricked card.

I have created backup of that vbios before messing, but I cant even blind flash now because the laptop wont boot at all with that card inside, previously it was working.

Also, what I should be doing after I get the original vbios. I flashed the dell vbios before, which gave me display in laptop but when installed the graphics driver directly from the nvidia without any bios modifications, the display after restart went crazy while loading windows 10 and 7 both ( I cant describe the exact term or description nor I have photos of that). But wrongly flashed another HP vbios which led me to this situation.

Also created a new thread. Can you please go through this too.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/egpu-solution-with-bricked-vbios-inside.822103/

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  4. Suraj Subedi

Suraj Subedi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need help with k3100m in 8770w. Can you help me out who have done that? I really need help.

5. Andrew O'Neill

Andrew O'Neill Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone offer any guidance on getting a 4G wwan module for the 8770w please (european networks) thanks!

6. The Computer Nerd

The Computer Nerd Newbie

Reputations:
    The AMD Firepro m6100 works on the Elitebook 8770w. The only problem is that the card is recognized as a AMD Radeon HD 8950m.