8770w compatible video cards

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by superman3486, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Quick Cal

Quick Cal Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a 8770w on the way. I'm not a gamer.

I have a drone that can film in 4k. I don't think this setup will view the 4k footage will it. If not, no big deal.

For what I'm doing is it even necessary to upgrade from my AMD Firepro M2 XT Gl card just to watch 1080 stuff. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. TenGauge

TenGauge Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You can view footage filmed in 4k just fine, you just won't be able to see the benefit on a 1080 screen, but as far as gusto goes that setup barebones will playback 4k footage glitch-free all day every day.

3. Oleg G

Oleg G Newbie

Reputations:
    How can I identify what heatsink do I need? I want to narrow search on eBay, maybe HP part number?

4. 606320

606320 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    last night the gpu of my 8770w died (it was a Quadro k5000m nvidia)
    i could get a nvidia mxm gpu Quadro p4000m (pascal) for a relatively cheap Price. I read all the Reports About the upgrade Options, but i couldnt find anything about this card. There are Resellers who sell also the p5000m (but very expensive) so i think it should be possible to upgrade to the p4000m.

I could Need some help or opinions from the experts here, what do you think, should i try it? do you think it fits to the configuration (Intel i7 3920xm) or os it the Overkill? How could i manage the bios Problem, because i think this gpu is not listed there?

thanks for your help, best chris

5. Suraj Subedi

Suraj Subedi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I upgraded my 8770w with firepro m4000 to nvidia k3100m with new larger heatsink. the k3100m is new one, HP one.
    First it was black screen with display output only from DP port. I used Display port and used nvflash dos version to flash dell vbios to the card. The display was then output from laptop screen, and no DP. I was able to login with basic display driver and k3100m recognized,but with basic display driver.

I downloaded nvidia driver from nvidia website and installed the driver, but when i restarted, there were multiple screens, green flickering all over the laptop screen and no output from DP port.

In upset situation, I again flashed another HP vbios. Now I am stuck with black screen both in laptop and no output in DP port.

I tried to used blind flash (changed boot order to run from usb drive at first before looking hard drives) too using the backup original firmware I created, but now I am stuck and when I type in using keyboard, I start to get beep sounds on pressing every keys. CAn some body explain why I am getting such sound?

Finally, please anybody has a solution to get the k3100 back to original bios state. I am desperate need of some expert advice.