860TU Electric Metal Surface

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by wingman4ever, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingman4ever

wingman4ever Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

I bought a 860tu about a month ago, and I like it very much. I also don't have real BIG issues with it like HDD heat (the vents on the bottom are sealed btw). My HDD temp always idles between 43-47c and it never went above 50c I use Everest to log the temperatures.

But I do have some small issues which i find very annoying.
    The Metal Surface feels like its charged with electricity or something. I can feel it vibrate even the lcd surface on the back vibrates.

My second problem is the high pitched noise, the noise is so irritating that I always wear headphones because I get crazy if I don't. I know it can't be fixed with the P9500 cpu right now. But my question is will it be fixed in the future?

If you guys now the answers to my question please reply.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Sprint

Sprint DTR Super Mod

Reputations:
    The vibration is cause your HDD spinning. Or then the transformer for the screen backlight. That could also be the source of the noise.

3. wingman4ever

Reputations:
    I don't think it's the HDD, because the plastic parts don't vibrate. And the noise comes from near the cpu. I really think it's the cpu whining noise.

4. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If it feels like electricity on metal surfaces as Sprint says it could be the inverter for the backlite
    It has hundreds of volts coming out to the cold cathode backlites
    There might be an insulation problem that is allowing it to discharge into the frame of your laptop

Alex

5. Frank88

Frank88 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Also, i don't see why or even How your cpu could cause this irritating noice, im almost sure it doesn't come from there. Call with where you bought you laptop for a remplacement or something.

6. wingman4ever

Reputations:
    Well the noise comes from near where the cpu is not the monitor. I just don't know where the vibrations come from. Well the noise isn't really that loud, it's just annoying.

I forgot to mention this: sometimes the metal surface doesn't have that vibration. This mostly happens when I am playing games for more than 15 minutes. And the first 30seconds when I start up my laptop.
    Thanks for the replies btw.

7. Frank88

Frank88 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sound like it's the fan.
    -They near cpu
    -They rev fast when you start your computer(if its like me)
    -Games make the temps raise and the fans speed up

Faulty fan or ? im not expert at all in fans

8. wingman4ever

Reputations:
    I don't know, the fans are indeed very loud when gaming.

For the record I am not talking about regular vibration, I am talking about electric tension (Dont know if I am using the right word I am Dutch).

9. wijnoostmuziek

wijnoostmuziek Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    the vents on the bottom are sealed btw). My HDD temp always idles between 43-47c and it never went above 50c I use

Did you seal it yourself or has xxodd or xs2 forgotten to pull out some plastic?
    This might cause some vibration because the fan can't pick up enough speed?!

Edit: sorry about this mine is sealed too

10. Gunsmith_Cat

Gunsmith_Cat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I found that I get this electric vibration feeling (which sometimes gives me shocks) when I am playing on the laptop when my electric blanket is switched on. Are you playing on your laptop on or near anything like that? Other electrical currents and charges will affect your metal surface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.