1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

8510p vs nc8430 for college

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Gman22, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gman22

Gman22 Newbie

I have been waiting for the 8510p much like everyone else for quite some time now. I know the main advantage is that the 8510p is Santa Rosa and has a DX10 GPU, but do you really think it is worth it to wait for the 8510p and pay even more?

I would plan on using this notebook for college. I'm a casual gamer, the newest game I play is Call of Duty 2. Other than that, I would use it for the typical school uses.

Also, just a random question, does anyone know why when you customize an 8430, it is way more expensive?

Thanks,
    Gman22

2. Greg

Greg Super Moderator Super Moderator

When you customize, that means it is not a standard model that they constantly produce on assembly lines. Thus the higher price, because HP has to go a little more out of the way to manufacture it.

Personally, write down the specs you want and get the lowest priced pre-configured model that fits them all. Compare that price to a CTO, and take the lesser of the two (probably pre-configured).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.