8260 just as defective as 7260 - wont work after waking from sleep, need help

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Rothcall, May 14, 2017.

1. Rothcall

Rothcall Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    SO after months of issues with two intel 7260s in different computers ive made the mistake of buying an 8260 to replace the one in my MSI GT80. Now instead of just randomly breaking itself, it now randomly breaks itself AND breaks itself when the computer wakes from sleep! Are there any wireless cards that aren't mass defective??? I just want one computer without this kind of issue! Did i miss a miracle driver? How does anyone get these to work?

I've tried the winsocks and hitting the resetlog.log and i've tried multiple drivers, but nothing is working! Is there a specific chipset the motherboard has to have to use these without activating the timebomb crash?

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. Starlight5

Starlight5 I'm a cat. What else is there to say, really?

Reputations:
    @Rothcall did you update your machine's BIOS?

3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I had absolutely ZERO problems with my Intel 8260, although I rarely used it after putting the computer to sleep (since I never used sleep mode; SSD's take less than 10 seconds to load windows). But the few times I did put it to sleep, it did wake up. I have an 8265 now with no problems.

Are you using the PROSET software? Everyone says proset causes problems.
    try using driver only.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...t-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins

click the one that says Driver.

Starlight5 and sasuke256 like this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Uninstall the Intel PRO/SET then the Intel Bluetooth Software from Control Panel > Programs & Features then reboot.

Now, download the latest driver: Intel WLAN Driver v19.50.1.5 / BT v19.60.0

Install the WLAN Driver from device manager by pointing to the extracted folder INF Files after right clicking on the Network Controller device if it was unidentified or expanding the Network Adapters and choosing the Intel WLAN Card then right click and choose update driver.

Reboot, then install the latest Bluetooth driver linked above then reboot again.

Lemme know if that works.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  5. Rothcall

Rothcall Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Gonna give it a try tonight, been hosting a server over ethernet for some friends and don't wanna pull the plug while they're on.