7970m with Enduro and Windows 8 RTM Driver?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by WillyWonka23, Aug 24, 2012.

1. WillyWonka23

WillyWonka23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a P170EM with a 7970m running the just released Windows 8 RTM. I can't find a driver for the graphics card. Is there anything available yet or will I just have to wait a little bit? I would rather not use Intel's HD 4000 adapter :p

2. oljo

oljo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey. Try Leshcats 12.8 just released for Switchable Win 8

3. WillyWonka23

WillyWonka23 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That one didn't work either. 7970m still wasn't being used and I wasn't able to open CCC with it.

4. fenryr423

fenryr423 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Amd hasn't released a properly working driver for windows 7... Goodluck with windows 8

5. festa_freak

festa_freak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That wasn't a very helpful post :/

Windows 8 isn't technically out yet. Give them some time to get proper drivers out.

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Mostly Harmless...

Reputations:
    No, but drivers should be included with Windows 8 like they did with Windows 7. I was impressed a the level of driver support from all vendors for Windows 7 that were included with Windows 7 at launch.

7. king601

king601 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    what the hell you are talking about . amd ccc 12.8 bring official support for windows 8 . As for the poster you have to wait From clevo to supply ccc 12.8 or later for windows 8 because since clevo 7970m require special drivers for 7970 to work . however, you can try installing 12.6, then do custom installation of 12.8 over 12.6 (click only amd display driver and the rest de-select em all), and check if its working

8. fenryr423

fenryr423 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ummm have you read any threads on how the 7970m isnt working correctly due to enduro... if they cant make it work properly on windows 7 then its gonna be a while before its working properly in windows 8

9. Seanzky

Seanzky Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I did a clean install of 12.8, without any prior installation such as 12.6, and it works, too. Just so the OP knows. :)

10. king601

king601 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes I read and knew that . I even posted in the logging thread before got deleted by then, I posted also on official amd catalyst forum. The enduro issue doesn't make the driver incompatible with windows , they are 2 separate things . Endoru is performance related issue caused by the driver , however, the driver is still functional with windows.