750m failed?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by KING19, Jun 23, 2019.

1. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I might give it try someday but its already too late since i already installed the new motherboard and my 750m is working now. The only problem is that my recovery disks no longer works because the new motherboard has a Windows 8.1 key and not a Windows 8 key but its cool since i dont have to do all of the Windows updates in order to install 8.1, luckily i had a old Windows 8.1 disk that i found in the house.

I will be buying a new laptop in like a year or sooner if something else happens with this laptop.

saturnotaku and Papusan like this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I baked my 6990m clevo notebook....

I highly recommend against doing that as it's a super temporary fix...im talking hours of extra use.

KING19 likes this.
  3. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thats really not worth it. Personally i dont want to remove the motherboard of this laptop ever again to even see if baking will help revive the dead GPU.

4. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Quick question

Is it normal for DDR3 GPUs to be clocked at 1001MHZ at default?. The dead 750m memory was clocked at 900mhz which is normal for DDR3 GPUs. I was thinking about overclocking the memory a bit to gain more performance on 1080p

[​IMG]

5. yosv211

yosv211 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I always hated the 750m, I had a laptop with the 750m that was replaced under warranty 3 times in 2 years. The 4th time it failed and I replaced the motherboard that had a 755m and gave it to my sister. It still works today.

6. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That sucks, my 750m reached temps in the mid 90s even with undervolting and turboboost turned off but after a repaste and cleaning out the dust it dropped back to the low 80s, It can be a lot of factors of why it died, my laptop cooling system isnt good plus Haswell CPUs are known to run very hot. Also any BGA GPU chip can die at any time these days.