660m overclocking/boosting

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by craterboy1, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nahrai

Nahrai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  3. Nahrai

Reputations:
    Didn't check that OC on real stress test, so can't say, i only run 3dmark11 for points and check if there are artifacts. Probably the stable OC will be lower than the one I did, but for now there is not real need for me to check this, since i will stick for now to +135/+300, because that's enough for me and on this OC there is no Throttle, checked it with Prime95+Furmark 1h, temp. are decent(~77 on GPU, ~85 on CPU, but i used cooling pad).

4. plarmann

plarmann Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Nahrai,
    How did you end up getting it to work? I tried it on my g75vw, but I can't seem to unlock the max.
    Could you explain it to me?
    Thanks.

5. Nahrai

Reputations:
    Hey,
    I used an idea from this guide, but a bit diffrent [GUIDE] Nvidia Inspector GTX670/680 - disable boost / fixed clock speed / undervolting

First of course you need Nvidiainspector, then it's best to check which P states you have for me it was P5 :
    [​IMG]
    So P0 it's high end with turbo mode, P5 is the one we want to change, number may differ in your card.
    So by using cmd you go to nvidiainspector folder and write this line there :
    "nvidiainspector.exe -forcepstate:0,5" - which basically means that you graphic card will always have clocks in P5.
    Now you open nvidiainspector and change clocks for P5, at default they are 405 MHz Core and 800 MHz memory, of course to increase them you need to click "Unlock max" first. You can overclock that way core clock without the problem, but with memory clock, if you go for more than stock clock(2500), then it will revert back. This is because memory clock in P5 is linked with Memory clock in P0, to overclock memory you need first to increase memory clock in P0, for example increase it to 2800 MHz, then you will be able to increase memory clocks in P5 above 2500 up to 2800.
    After turning off comp the settings will be lost i think(Forcing P5 state), so you will probably need to do the bat file like they did in linked guide.
    I hope my chaotic explenation will help, but if there still be problem, then i can try doing some screenshots from each step.

6. feelseasy

feelseasy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thx Nahrai, i was using the same method but couldn't oc the memory. Now I can, yay.

7. Syed117

Syed117 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So running the 295.93 drivers, I can adjust the core and memory speeds. however when I check with afterburner, despite saying that it's been overclocked, it's not actually running at those higher clocks.

Is this because the stock Lenovo drivers wont let me overclock?

8. Nahrai

Reputations:
    Had same problem on those drivers, that's why i installed new drivers. I hope they will release stable drivers soon :D

9. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks +rep on changing memory clock.

10. AnimalMother

AnimalMother Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey guys, on my y580 there is a 660m.
    I want to OC it. Safely can be done here right with techpowerup gpu z and using this as a guide NVIDIDA GTX 660m overclock core +135 limit

Gtx 285
    Ddr2 4gb
    Intel q6600

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.