570m Overclock

Discussion in 'MSI' started by anurag1910, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapitated Chicken

Decapitated Chicken Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How did you flash the vBIOS back to a safe voltage if you couldn't even see the screen?

The higher the voltage, the higher clock speeds you will be able to achieve stably, but with the increased voltage also comes an increase in temps. Also, your card might just wear out faster if you push it too hard too regularly.

2. pitha1337

pitha1337 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are you running @720/1440/1750 wih 0,9V? When I set these settings with 0,85 V (default) then I got artifacts (strange black, green lines in the picture) in BF3 and 3DMark11. What am I doing wrong?

By stability you mean no artifacts?

Maybe I have to say that I have the 15" inch barebone from Medion. But it is the same as the MSI barebone.

3. James5

James5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It only black screened as soon as I started to use 3d mark vantage, a reboot sorted and flashing back to stock settings and then ran the 3d mark vantage to see if it was doing it and all was fine, I then created another vbios to modify and adjusted new bios with the PO and P1 settings now available on the new svet bios

4. Decapitated Chicken

Reputations:
    Did you attempt mode 2 asynchronous overlooking?

5. James5

Reputations:
    No not tried that yet

6. Decapitated Chicken

Reputations:
    I meant overclocking. Darn iPhone autocorrect...

Have you pushed the clocks to the point of instability yet? I saw you went up to 900 MHz and I'm curious if you are experiencing artifacts.

I plan to buy Svet's tool, but I don't have the cash right now. I figured I'd make sure I know what other people have been able to do with this card, though.

7. James5

Reputations:
    I have run higher than I am and yes I have hit the instability limit of the .9v

I ran 950/1000/2000 and it would black screen @ this, I have not noticed or had any probs with artifacts as yet I have been playing a fair bit of BF3 (not that I am any good), dirt3, dead island, crysis 2, starcraft 2 all on max settings wiyhout fault

8. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Did you run 3dmark with the clocks in your ss 900/1800/1950? it'd be interesting to see how the card run at such ridiculously high clock. Also max temp while you're at it.

9. pau1ow

pau1ow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yep would like to see that too because I am quite surprised it could go that high on clocks and perform such high scores on 3dmark with 192bits bus width and 24 ROPS - that means it is as powerful as a 6970/6990m o/c

10. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    thats not gonna happen since this card will be limited by its bus width and bandwidth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.