570m Overclock

Discussion in 'MSI' started by anurag1910, Nov 6, 2011.

1. guitarmafia

guitarmafia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well i ll check it with witcher 2 tomorrow...then i ll report back,,,,,and well i really dont want to mess with the warranty as i have 2 years of warranty and i am planning to extend it to 3 years...so i am not gonna do it myself..i mean i manually upgraded the ram of my system,,but thats it.
    Also i was wondering if i ask at the msi service centre to upgrade the thermal paste..will they do it...
    and for running bf3 at ultra settings ,will some lower clocking work? if yes then what are those settings supposed to be??.

2. guitarmafia

Reputations:
    Well yes i have read ur experience in some other thread also(may be msi gt683dxr official lounge),,,and i am not gonna try that...i hope it works out for me....
    in ur case i guess somehow the thermal paste melted and rearranged itself..

3. guitarmafia

Reputations:
    Hmmm,,i cant believe what i noticed....well playing withcer 2 at medium settings makes the temp go to 77C max.....while left 4 dead 2 which is almost 2 years old game makes temp go upto 87C...
    i think that is due to poor optimisation or something,,,
    And i believe i am suffering from the same problem as Flapo.. :mad: :(

4. Meaker

Meaker Company Representative

Reputations:
    Left 4 dead 2 is a very demanding game, it places equally large loads on CPUs and GPUs. I used to have to scale my Q9200 back to 2.66ghz at the lowest possible voltage the motherboard could handle for an extended session of it.

5. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How high can you usually overclock the core to without bumping voltage? The reason I ask is because I'm currently at 710 core and after playing Battlefield 3 on a mix of high and ultra for two hours straight, my GPU maxed out at 67 Celsius. I just basically want to know how high I should take the core too with the stock voltage.

6. guitarmafia

Reputations:
    Well i accept that L4D2 is a demanding game....i was a fan of the game when it released....but thinking it is more demanding than witcher 2 is not sensible ,,,,as i said earlier it is due to poor optimization of the game...thats y it heats the gpu so much...
    what do u think about using a cooling pad?...according to me even a good cooling pad will make a difference of 3-4C at max.. nothing more,, i dont know what to do about this heating prob of my gpu(if it really is a prob)..

7. Meaker

Reputations:
    Witcher 2 is likely more graphically demanding which means your CPU wont be working as hard to feed it data therefore overall the power consumption goes down. There is a lot of group AI too. Counter-intuitive but there you go.

8. qbiclewarrior

qbiclewarrior Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey guys... gonna start to tinker with overclocking my 570 in my GT780 and will start with JRWingate6's advice of 690/1380/1530 and maybe head north to 700/1400 if the temps stay under my comfort level... I am used to using Furmurk for the stress tests but has anybody compared MSI Kombustor to Furmarks regular burn in program.... I figure it has to be the same since Furmark made it but wanted to check with the more experience users... I downloaded it when I got Aterburner and figured I would just stick with it... if it pushes the GPU as hard as the regular one... thanks.

9. Meaker

Reputations:
    AFAIK its just an MSI branded furmark.

10. well.heeled.man

well.heeled.man Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi folks,

My VBIOS will not allow me to bump the voltage to 0.9v. Would someone be able to post their original backup BIOS that can be bumped, so I can work with that for my OC. I am on a barebones 16F2, so I assume a BIOS from one of those would be best?

Cheers,

Scott